𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟑

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐊, everyone was watching as the vitals as everyone's was blinking red and black. "10 more, one after the next." Abby said playing with her fingers, beside Jennifer. "Guys, look at plasma osmolarity. It's all going up across the board." Jackson said as he noticed a change in the screens. "They found water." Abby said as she connected her hands again, with Jennifer's. Jennifer smiled happily at her daughter.

"Councillor Abigail Griffin and Jennifer Guzmán, you're under arrest for exceeding the maximum medical supplies allowed for a patient." Shumway said as he entered the room and holding the two girls. "Sorry this has to be public." Kane said making Jennifer scoff. "No your not. You'd much love that it's in public just to show everyone how your just playing Chancellor." Jennifer said, she still didn't like Kane at all and she had her reasons. "Well, the policy in these matters is very clear, no special treatment. How much blood did you use?" Kane asked us.

"Don't answer that-" "We used whatever it took. Breaking the law to keep you from becoming Chancellor was the easiest decision I've ever made." Abby said, she knew that me having Kit was the easier decision, aside from this. "In that case, given your confession, in my role as Chancellor pro tempore, you leave me no choice but to find you guilty." Kane said, "Please, Kane. Spare me the 'no choice' bullshit, I've heard more than enough. You know very well that there's always a choice. You chose to press charges against my husband, on Abby's husband. Your friends also. Even though you obviously knew he would get floated for. You chose to include my son and Abby's daughter in those charges, and now your choosing this?" I said what I wanted to say in this moment.

"Hiding behind the law absolves you of nothing." I finished. "Be that as it may, in accordance, with penal code one, because all crimes, committed by those above the age of maturity, are capital crimes, you and Abigail Griffin are hereby sentenced to death. Executions are set for the morning, and I choose at every turn and at any cost to make sure that the human race stays alive." Kane said before I spoke up again. "That's the difference between the three of us, Kane. We choose to make sure that we deserve to stay alive. And you can change the plans of letting Abby go first in being floated. I had the choice of watching my husband get floated, I won't be going through that again. We'll be going together." I said, looking over my shoulder at Abby.

Abby looked shocked at the every minute that Jennifer had spoken against Kane. "That's not how we run things here." Kane said shaking his head. "I understand. I just don't care." I said, I stared emotionless at Kane until he motioned Shumway's guards to take Abby and I away.

─────────────────────────────

𝐕𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐔𝐏 in the middle of the night, as she sat up her eyes widen at the new nature she witnessed. I stood up and looked at the other who we're all in deep sleep. I shook my head at the thought of waking them up so I went on my own.