𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘

𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆, Vasilisa Guzmán had stayed close with Octavia Blake while they had watched as Jasper Jordan speed around the room in anxiety. "This is taking too long." Jasper said making Vasilisa speak. "It takes as long as it takes." I said before I realized who I just quoted. The fuck? "Well, what if she got caught?" Jasper asked next, walking up to us. "We'd have heard something." Octavia said emotionlessly and effortlessly. "Then what if she couldn't find Sergeant Lee or-" "Jasper, please. A warrior doesn't worry about those he can't help. I don't know Maya as well as you, but the fact that she was able to help us get us this far, she's a warrior. She'll make it." I said trying to get Jasper to calm down. Just as I finished, the doors opened showing Maya and Sergeant Lee.

When the men noticed us, he pointed his gun at Octavia and I. We whom got into fighting position. "Lee, put the gun down." Maya said as she placed his gun down. "You didn't say there was an outsider with you. And two at that." Sergeant said looking at us cautiously. I only gave him a glare. "They're not outsiders." Jasper said holding his hand out. "Yes, they are." Octavia muttered without any movement. "They're with us. Cage is in the dorms. They brought another group in from the Ark, more marrow. They're not even trying to fix the dam." Maya said to Jasper. "How many soldiers with Cage?" Jasper asked looking at Sergeant Lee. "Uh, 6, why?" Lee asked. "Just get me close. They'll be happy you found another 8 dose." Jasper said giving his gun to Maya. He was being sacrificial. "I need a-" I flipped a knife in my hand and gave it to Jasper.

He looked at me before taking it in his hands. "Aim for the throat. Slash, don't stab. It's more efficient that way. And make it deep." I gave Jasper some last minute advice before he placed it under his shirt. "I hope you know what your doing." Sergeant Lee said as he cuffed Jasper. I watched from the corner beside Octavia. "Me, too." With that he and Jasper were off and leaving Octavia and I alone with Maya. One thing that caught my attention was when Maya kissed Jasper and him giving his love confession to her before he left. My lips had formed a soft smile but kept it away.

───────────────────────────

𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐁𝐘 𝐀𝐒 I had watched for anyone while waiting for some type of sign to show that Jasper's semi thought plan worked or was a go. "Long way from the Ark, huh?" Maya asked nervously. "Not my Ark. I didn't have a view, either." Octavia said as I stay silent since I didn't know the feeling. "Still, I wish I could see it." Maya said making me look at her. "You can. We have an airlock. I mean, it's not the same but it can help. We used it to hold Emerson. We just have to get you there-" "So I could live in a cell." Maya asked, cutting me off. "No. You can make it your own. A cell doesn't have to be a cell." I said trying to convince her. Even though I just met her, she seemed nice. Suddenly a couple barged into the room, they were laughing and kissing.