The Birthday Bash

I find you in sad songs, the sound of rain, sunsets, Sundays, smiles, and all the small things.
- perry poetry

~
~
~
Chapter 57
Camila's POV

I led us back inside the house. I'm holding her hand while guiding her since we're basically walking in the dark. The only light we have is upstairs where everyone is. They were filming Shawn while he do a demo on how to create a song which gives me more time to be with Lauren.

I sat back down on the couch and look at Lauren. As soon as our eyes met, I tap my lap motioning her sit.

"I'm heavy." She whispered. Her voice filled with hesitation towards my offer.

"What do you think of me? Weak?" I whispered back and we both giggled.

"I just don't want you to get hurt because of me."

I saw something flashed in her eyes, something I'm so well familiar with. And it pains me that I can't do anything to make her feel better. I want to save her from herself, I failed before and until now I'm still failing. All I want is for Lauren to be happy because that's what she deserves but why does it feel like it was the most hardest thing to achieve?

I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her down until she's already sitting on my lap. I hold her tightly to make her feel safe.

"I'll bleed for you and still love you with all of my heart." I tuck her hair on the other side of her neck. I trail soft kisses on her now exposed skin down to her shoulder blade, "Tell me what haunts you so I know what I'm protecting you from."

Lauren rest her back against my chest. She reach for my hand and play with my fingers as silence took over us.

"Is your nightmare back?" I asked, almost whispering.

Lauren shook her head, "No."

"What you told me back there... did someone talk to you? Is it Shawn?"

Lauren shift from my lap so she could look in my eyes, "You can't protect me from everything, you know? And I don't want you to. I'm all grown up now, Camz. I can take care of myself."

"But Lauren—"

"All I want from you is to always stay by my side while I'm fighting my own battle all by myself. Never leave me."

"I won't." I leaned in and press our lips together, "I promise."

I pulled away, enough for me to see her face. Even in darkness her beauty still glows. Even in small amount of light illuminating her skin, a little bit is enough to make my heart beat rapidly inside my chest.

"This is fun." Lauren suddenly spoke after a minute of comfortable silence.

The meaning behind her words made me grin, "Totally. A lot of bad things going down in darkness. And I'd love doing it on couches. Though it's a bit small but it's okay."

"Yeah, like killing someone. Psycho killers loved murdering their victims on couches, at least that's what the docuseries are telling."

I didn't understand what she said except for the first four words. I was way too hypnotized by her eyes to process the entire words that rolled off from her beautiful mouth, "With pleasure. By choking, straddling, and grinding."