Oh Boy, I Smell Trouble

It felt like you threw me so far from myself I've been trying to find my way back ever since
- rupi kaur

~
~
~
Chapter 20
Camila's POV

"I guess this is it. Take care of yourself, Camz. I will miss you." Lauren step one foot closer before leaning in to kiss my forehead. I close my eyes, letting the tears fall down to my cheeks, "Thank you for everything. Till we meet again."

"Camila!" Shawn pulled me in for a hug. A very tight one. I can see to his face that he's super worried about me. I close my eyes and bite the inside of my cheek. It's not the same anymore. Everything changed.

"Mila, I'm so happy for you." Normani smiled widely. Dinah's having a serious face while Ally's being all neutral like she always does, "Finally! You're off the hook of that troubled deal. You're a free woman again!"

Despite of the overwhelming happenings that happened to me in span of one week, those are the ones that kept echoing inside my head. When I get back to New York, Shawn's the first person to fetch me. He hugged me. Super tight, I can actually put my guard down. I felt safe. But something's different. It's not the same anymore. The feelings aren't there anymore. The spark is gone. The butterflies are gone as well. He touched me and I wanted to breakdown because he wasn't Lauren. Shawn's the one who told me about everything- How Lauren announced to the whole campus about our deal, that our marriage is fraud. Everything's going back to normal like I wish it would. I thought I would be happy. I really did thought I would. The next day, Shawn and I became official to everyone. Every students, every professors in the faculty, our coaches, and even in his basketball team and my track and field team showed their happiness and support for us. Except for Alex and Dinah, ofcourse. Now, I'm no longer the Lauren of Camila. Everyone knew me as the Shawn of Camila. The Mendes of Camila. Lauren's parents apologize to me for all the trouble I've been through throughout the days I've spent with them. I'm also living with Dinah and Ally again just like before. Shawn is still nagging me to live with him but Dinah protest at the idea. I don't want to live with him anymore either. I know that if I live with him, things will happen. And I don't think I can fully submit myself to someone I don't love anymore.

Now that everything is going back to normal, I feel like this is the reset button I've been waiting for to have. Lauren also kept her promise to me. I haven't seen her around even in the deepest corner of the campus, there's no Lauren in sight. Sure, I've seen Kendall, Selena, and Taylor, the four of us are still friends but I really don't see Lauren. She's not in San Francisco anymore. I know she's here in New York because I heard one of her Soccer teammate that she's been practicing during night to avoid people bothering her. I also heard that most of the time, Lauren's drunk and partying at her club just like the typical Lauren I knew. And sometimes I'm starting to wonder if she think about me as much as I think about her. I miss her already. I miss her so much.

Am I having regrets? Sure, I am. I guess for everything.

Today is our official try out. Five chosen women who will compete at the Nationals to represent Carolton for the upcoming huge event.

While waiting for my call, I'm slacking off at the bench while reading my book. I learned so much about reading this and I think it helps me think more clearer than I did the past couple of weeks.

"Cami!" Alex snap her fingers right in front of my nose, snapping me out from my thoughts. I'm reading but I can't understand it properly. I'm not with myself lately and Lauren's the reason why, "You're so invested in that book! Tell me, do you still know me?"

I chuckled as I close the book and settle it in my lap, "I still know you, silly!"

"What's my name then?"