The "Who Comes First? Chicken or Egg?" Argument

I just like how it feels when you're here, and maybe that's all I know.
- butterflies rising

~
~
~
Chapter 26
Camila's POV

"Cheers!" Shawn, Dinah, Alex, and I scream on each other's faces as we lift up the red solo cup in the mid air before drinking the beer straight up.

"Hah!" Alex is the first one to slam the red cup against the table followed by Shawn, Dinah, and then me. Even though this is not my first time to drink, I'm still trying to get used to the taste of it and the burning straight line it drew down to my throat.

"Whoo!!! This is too strong!" The asian girl shook her head with her tongue sticking out as Alex breathes in and out pretty loudly.

We all laugh at Alex's reaction as Shawn refill our cup for the 4th round. Today is such a special day because so many things had happened to all of us this past couple of days and all of them are all good- Shawn will go to UCLA, pretty obviously. But I'm happy, like super happy when he started dating Georgina Curtis, a beautiful Mexican-American head cheerleader of Carolton. I already met her once at the coffee shop and she's really really beautiful. Brown hair, brown eyes, petite, 5'8, and sexy.

Alex. My girl Alex got an offer to play for the UCLA track and field team as well and she already accepted it so she'll probably spend a couple of months or so before she fly to LA with Shawn and settle their until College ends.

Dinah Jane, well, the Poly princess finally got the nerve to asked Normani to go with her to the prom. And guess what? Mani said yes! And on prom night, we're all planning to watch the sunrise all together: Dinah and Normani, Shawn and Georgina, Ally and then Lauren and I. And the moment the sun rises, Dinah will ask Normani to date her officially which I'm really excited about. Witnessing something like that especially it's happening with my two best friends means a lot to me.

And as for me, well, I'm very happy. Super happy, in fact. Being in a relationship with Lauren is the best feeling I've ever known. So far so good. We always wake up in the morning smiling and going to sleep laughing. After she got home pretty drunk the other day, Lauren said her very sincere sorry to me. She told me she just miss having a party and I understand her. Partying became part of her habitual and I cannot ask her not to go to the party. But Lauren promise to me that she won't drink ever again and I believe her. So far, she's keeping her words to me.

"First time?" Shawn smirk while looking at Alex.

"Shut up, Mendes!" Alex chuckled.

"Let's do our cheers one more time again" Dinah lift up her red cup, "This time, we'll say what we're very grateful for."

"Game!" Shawn lift up his cup, "I'll go first." He cleared his throat before he speak again, "I'm grateful for having Georgina in my life. For being able to be in the UCLA basketball team."

And then it's Dinah's turn, "I'm grateful that Normani said yes to me. I'm very grateful that I'll have a chance to have a dance with her. And I hope, I really fucking hope that she'll say yes to me again when I ask her to date me."

And then Alex, "I couldn't wish for anything because fucking hell, I've already got it! I'M GOING TO UCLA AND MAKE MY MAMA PROUD!!!"

"Whooo!!!" We cheered for Alex while clapping our hands. I'm really happy to see my friends being this genuinely happy.

Dinah's eyes shift on my direction, "Walz, you're turn."