Then Make Me Need You

It's kinda pointless to fight for what you want when what you want continues to break your heart.
—Molly McAdams

~
~
~
Chapter 42
Lauren's POV

"Are you saying that Normani knew everything?"

I nod my head, "She fetch me at our house that night. We had a talk and somehow made me understand the damage I've caused to her."

Dinah glared at me before my jaw collided against her fist that sent me out on the floor.

"That's for destroying Camila completely!"

I hold out my jaw. I can even taste my own blood every time I gulped.

"Get up." Dinah ordered coldly yet I can feel the burning flames of her anger towards me.

I did what she told me. I get back on my feet and her fist collided on my jaw for the second time.

"And that's for leaving us!"

I nod my head lowly, not bothering to wipe away the blood that continuously dropping on the ground.

"I understand where—"

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, LAUREN! AND YOU WILL NEVER BE!" Dinah angrily pointed at my face, "You weren't there when Camila called your name every night hoping you'd hear it and come back. You weren't there when Camila tried to end her life countless of times. You weren't there, but I was. We were. So don't fucking tell me you understand when you are the one who left us all. You fucking coward!"

"Take it all out, Dinah."

Dinah walk towards me and harshly grab the collar of my shirt, "You're a fucking selfish bitch! You only saw your pain. You don't give a shit to everyone but yourself, and that's why you ran away, right?"

"I did what's best for her—"

"SHE LOVED YOU BUT YOU KILLED HER! IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK WHAT'S BEST FOR HER?! OR BEST FOR YOU?!"

I push Dinah away with all of the strength I have, "YOU THINK I WANT THIS?! I DON'T! But if I didn't left, will Camila be Camila that she is today? WILL SHE?!"

Dinah look away while trying to catch her breath, so do I. I speak again, "I'VE BEEN KILLING MYSELF EVERYDAY KNOWING THE FACT THAT SHE'S BETTER OFF WITHOUT ME, DO YOU KNOW THAT?! IT'S THE KIND OF PILL THAT I DON'T WANT TO SWALLOW BUT I NEEDED TO BECAUSE I LOVE HER AND I WANT WHAT'S BEST FOR HER!" I yelled at Dinah as tears continuously streaming down on my face, "A better life— I can't give her that. My life was a complete wrecked. When I lost Keana, I also lost everything. I lost myself. I lost my life. I have nothing. Camila doesn't deserve to be with someone who doesn't have a life. Someone who's beyond broken. But I swear to god that I loved her with everything that I have."

"Do you know what Camila deserves? A better and proper goodbye which an asshole like you failed to do."

"I didn't 'just disappeared' like you knew, like everyone knew. I came to the hospital that night and left a letter at her bed side hoping she'd understand why I have to leave."

Dinah scoff, "Liar."

Just like what I expected her reaction would be.

"I won't convince you to believe me, Dinah. But Ally knew about the letter. Normani knew, Shawn knew."

Dinah furrowed her eyebrows, "So now you're making my girlfriend a liar?! Ally and Shawn is with me that night. Even Normani."

"I'm just telling you that Normani and Shawn knew what really happened that night. Of course they won't tell you about it cause that would only jeopardize the only thing they've been dying to happen, and it did happened."