I...I Think I'm Falling for Her

"You" And just like that, the greatest poem was written, in one word.
- Clinton

~
~
~
Chapter 16
Camila's POV

[Dilemma by Nelly is playing in the background 🎶🎶]

The whole drive was silent except for that song playing in Lauren's spotify. I don't know if it's just coincidence or Lauren purposely play it to send me a message. Or hence, I'm just...plain guilty.

[No matter what I do (woo)
All I think about is you (uh huh)
Even when I'm with my boo
Boy, you know I'm crazy over you (check it) 🎶🎶]

You see what I'm talking about? And I'm starting to conclude that I'm guilty because just like what Kelly Rowland is saying in that song, I'm doing the exact same thing when I'm with Shawn. I mean with or without him, I still think about the green eyed girl whom just sitting a few inches away from me.

Instead of talking, I remain silent in my seat and focus my attention on the car window instead. The sun already bids it's goodbye and the clouds are already dark. I don't know exactly what time is it but I'm guessing it's already 6:30 pm.

20 minutes passed before we reached Dinah's apartment that happened to be the place where I used to live before. I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and head out outside without waiting for Lauren because being in the same car, same room, breathing the same air practically makes me uneasy and nervous at the same time. It's like I'm at the edge of my seat with a horror movie playing right in front of my eyes-That. That's what I think is the best way to describe what I feel everytime I'm with her.

I walk up to the porch. God! How I miss living in here. The porch, the small three-steps stairs, the grass, the roof, the house, I miss those especially the people which makes this house a home.

The cold wind blew, causing my body to shiver. I wonder what month it is that the weather around here in New York is pretty much colder than the usual.

"Hmm," I shift my eyes on my right side and it was Lauren putting her jacket over my shoulder. Fucking hell! "You might catch a cold."

"Feelings rather." I mumbled, avoiding Lauren's gaze.

"Rather what? Feelings?" I almost got choked at my own saliva after I heard what Lauren just asked. How come she fucking heard it? Even my butt couldn't hear it!

"Huh? W-what feelings?" I asked like I don't know what the hell she's talking about.

Jesus christ! Remind me to never mumbled something stupid right in front of her ever again.

"I don't know that's why I'm asking you."

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know either that's why I'm asking you as well."

"Well, if you ever catch feelings for me, you know I will gladly reciprocate it, right?" Lauren winked, giving me her sweetest smile.

I can feel my heart hammering inside my chest to the point where there's no enough oxygen filling my lungs right now. Please tell me she's not serious.

Though my legs are getting weaker and weaker because of her intense stare, I still try my very best to look more intimidating.