The Perfect Master Plan

We are all alone in ways no one understands.
- perry poetry

~
~
~
Chapter 49
Camila's POV

"Can you stay friends with an ex?" Dinah asked. I could sense the curiosity on her voice as she take a sip of her coffee.

By this she means, can you forget the nights when your head was on her stomach and her hands were in your hair and you swore you would never let each other go? Or, maybe, more importantly, can you remember but still let go?

"Maybe." I answered.

By this, I mean, maybe— if you're over her and she's over you. By this, at least, I mean: Can you remember and not want it back? Can you remember and not feel sad?

"Camila,"

I lift up my eyes to meet Dinah's, "Hmm?"

"I think you're playing with fire by agreeing to be "just friends" with her." Dinah made this quote unquote gesture in the mid air, "And I want you to tell me your brutal honest answer, Walz. Do you still love her?"

I played the ring on my finger as I gave my brutal honest answer to her just like what she wanted.

"For me it was never a case of still loving her. I have never stopped. I tried to let her go, I told myself to think about everything she had done and all the ways she hurt me. But all I could think about was my smile in the mornings and my laughter late at night. She was the reason for that, she made my days better. Sure, you're going to have bad days but the good ones always outweighed them. I guess what I'm trying to say is that she had my heart since the day we met, and as we fell apart, so did my heart. Some pieces I have already taken back from her and some, I'm afraid I'll never get back."

I took a deep breath and settle the ring on my finger, "But I'm in a better place now, Dinah. I'm getting married soon and I guess that's what matters most, right?"

"Funny how you didn't use your famous tagline "I'm happy with him"."

I playfully rolled my eyes on her, "It's the same thing, Dinah!"

"You know what I think?"

I stand up from my seat and collect my stuff as I headed to the door. I know what she's going to say and I don't want Dinah to cause any awkwardness between Lauren and I. We're good pals now and I don't want to ruin what we have at this very moment.

"Not today satan."

Dinah giggled as she shuffle her stuff and followed me outside the coffee shop.

"I think your feelings for her never disappeared."

I stopped from my tracks and looked at her like she's crazy. Well, what she's saying is really crazy. "So it hides, is that it?"

Dinah shook her head, "Maybe it took some rest. But it never fade nor disappeared."

I gave her a questioning look while Dinah gave me her meaningful smirk.

"Speak english, will you?"

"Oh come on! You know what I'm talking about. The glow in your eyes, you suddenly look young—"

"I am young!"

"Yeah, whatever."

I watch Dinah unlock her car and throw all of her stuff in the back seat.

"Seriously, Dinah. Talk to me like a mature adult."

"So now you're curious?"

I sigh in defeat and Dinah laugh. Yeah, I guess you could say that I'm curious. Not because I still feel something for her but because I'm curious what the hell Dinah sees every time she looked at me that made her say that.