I Hope You Forgive Me For That

You will always be the feeling I felt too much.
- perry poetry

~
~
~
Chapter 44
Lauren's POV

"Camila, I'm home."

We both looked at each other with a complete shock on our faces to hear the voice of the one and only Shawn Mendes. Fear immediately creeps on our face especially Camila. My heart seem to beat slowly and heavily. I'm nervous.

"What now?" I asked above whisper.

Camila seem to finally get herself together, "Don't be scared. I won't let anything happen to you."

"But what about you? If he caught us—"

Camila shut me up by placing her lips on mine for a quick second, "He won't, okay? Hide somewhere safe. I'll distract him then you sneak out."

I nod my head.

Camila's about to walk to get the door but I grab her arm to stop her.

"Camila, wait." As soon as I our eyes met, I pulled her in for a hug. "Thank you for tonight." I whispered.

She pulled away and cupped my face as a genuine smile appeared on her lips, "Anything for you, my love." And then she planted a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Camila?" Shawn called out again and that's our cue to say goodbye to each other.

Camila walk over to the door and held the doorknob while I go inside the bathroom to hide. We look at each for the last time and gave each other a nod. I close the door of the bathroom and turn off the lights. I flop down on the floor; my back against the wall and the side of my head against the door.

The door creaked open and I heard Camila fake a gasp, "Shawn!"

"I missed you, baby! I missed you so damn much!"

I open the door slowly, leaving a small window so I can see what's happening outside. Shawn and Camila are hugging each other with his hands groping her ass. I can feel the heat rise on my body and I'm perfectly aware that it's jealousy radiating off my body and it's taking over me slowly.

"I missed you too. I'm happy that you're here."

They pulled away and his gaze fixed on the romantic dinner table.

"What's up with this? Are you with someone?" He asked as he eyed Camila suspiciously. The tone of his voice immediately changes from sweet to possessively jealous boyfriend.

I know Camila's nervous the way her body stiffened but she quickly cover it up with her brilliant excuse, "What kind of joke is that? I prepared that for us. I knew you were coming home."

Shawn furrowed his eyebrows, "How?"

"Karen."

He took a sigh and roll his eyes, "Of course, she ruined the surprise again."

"I'm just gonna act like I was really surprised to see you."

He smiled and cupped Camila's face, "It doesn't matter if this surprise didn't work out as planned. What matters is I'm here now, with you and Clark."

"I'm really happy that you were able to come home for Christmas."

"Me too." He caress her cheeks softly, "Hold on, I'll just go to the bathroom and pee."

Shit.

I immediately back away from the door and at the same time I heard Camila's hurried and panic voice that stops Shawn from going further.