Melt a Little Ice Princess

She's fire and ice. You'll fear the cold and crave the burn.
- JmStorm

~
~
~
Chapter 41
Camila's POV

"You're driving like a grandma!" I complained for the 100th time as I feel incredibly impatient in my seat.

"What do you want me to do, Cabello?" Normani replied with her eyes fixed straight on the road.

"I want you to," I leaned closer to her and slam my hand on the honk harder so the car in front of us knows we're in a rush, "Get out of the way, goddamnit!" I mumbled before I continue what I'm saying to Normani, "Hurry up."

"Why are you so eager to get to the hospital? Who's in there anyway?"

"Just drive."

"Karla Camila Cabello Estrabao, do you know what time is it? Are you actually aware?"

"Yeah, it's 12 midnight. So?"

"So, I should be in my bed sleeping. But instead I'm here driving in the middle of the night in the middle of heavy rain."

"I can't sleep."

"You haven't got enough sleep. How come you can't sleep?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. Instead of asking me questions why don't you just drive and accelerate your speed, yes?"

"You want me to drive like Fast and the Furious? Fine. But tell me first what's the emergency."

"There's no emergency."

"So why are you in a rush?"

"I'm not in a rush."

Normani raised her right eyebrow.

I took a defeated sigh, "Okay, I am in a rush."

"So there's really an emergency?"

"Yes, Normani! Now drive like hell!"

Normani accelerate her speed and drive more faster. Within 5 minutes, we arrived at the said hospital where Alfred and Ally are.

I remove my seatbelt and open the passenger door before I glance at Normani who's also in the process of taking off her seatbelt.

"Thanks for driving me here, Normani. You can go home now."

Normani raised both of her eyebrows, "Did you just made me your chaperon?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"You're such an ass!"

I chuckled, "I'm doing you a favor. I know you won't like what you'll see inside if you come with me."

Her eyebrows furrowed and her face immediately changes into something I can't seem to comprehend.

I raised my right eyebrow, "What does that look even mean, Kordei?"

"There you go again, Camila."

"What?"

"It's about Lauren, isn't it? She's your emergency."

"Your mind is going way too far. Good night."

"You're the one who's crossing that dangerous wall again, Camila."

"No, I'm not. I'm done with her. Whatever we had, it's over."

"So why are we here? Why are you so worried about her? If it's over, why do you still care?"

"To set the record straight, I don't give a damn about her, alright? I'm done and I don't care. The only reason why I'm here is because I don't want to upset Alfred even more especially Clark. If my son finds out that she's in the hospital because of me he'll get upset. I don't want to see my son like that. And whether I like it or not Lauren is my responsibility because I am her boss and she's working for me. Is my explanation clears up every doubt you had in mind?"