Our Own Paradise and Warzone

It's you, because no one else makes sense.
- perry poetry

~
~
~
Chapter 35
Camila's POV

"What are you cooking for breakfast, my most beautiful girlfriend?" I whispered on her ear as I hug her from behind. I buried my face on the crook of her neck as I added, "I'm sure that would be the best food I'll ever taste in my whole life."

Lauren softly chuckled, "It's just a pancake, Camz. Stop disturbing me, will you?" The green eyed brunette playfully shove me away from her.

I giggled, "So what if it's just a pancake? That would still be the most delicious pancake in the whole universe!"

Lauren shakes her head while smiling. I hop into the kitchen counter so I can watch my girlfriend cook some breakfast for us. The smell of pancake from the pan lingers on my nose that caught my eyes. I can feel my stomach growl the longer I stare at it. I glance at Lauren who's very focus on what she's cooking. I laugh internally as I remember the last time she cooked pancake for us; we ended up having a burnt pancake for breakfast. But I'm not complaining at all cause that morning, all we do is to laugh and laugh and Lauren kissing my laughter away.

So far, that was one of the best moments I had with her.

After that burnt pancake incident, Lauren mastered the degree of BS pancake major in cooking it properly. And I'm proud say that she's the pancake expert now.

And since I've had enough dose of the pancake, I shift my eyes on the green eyed girl and take all the time in the world to check my girlfriend out.

Staring at her is my favorite thing to do and probably the only thing I will never get tired doing for the rest of my life. It's funny how I could stare at her for one minute and find a thousand things that I love about her. Lauren... she has the most adorable eyes you could ever fall for and the cutest smile that takes your breath away. She has the ability to make you laugh every time she speaks and whenever you look into her eyes it's so hard to turn away. And I love the way she makes me laugh, how happy she makes me. I wish I could explain her eyes, and how the sound of her voice gives me butterflies. How her smile makes my heart skip a beat and how every time I'm with her, I feel complete. If Lauren were a song, I would learn every beat, know the lyrics by heart, let the melody flow through my veins and listen to it every night. If Lauren were a song, it would be my favorite.

She's my favorite part of me.

And as I look at her right now, I realized something: Every time I'm looking at her, it's like the first time.

And it's crazy, actually, how much I think about her. How most of the time she's the only thing in my head, and it doesn't matter if she's near me or far away. And it makes me wonder how long she'd been on my mind. Then it occurred to me: Since I met her, she've never left.

She's the source of my joy, the center of my world, and the whole of my heart. She's my beautiful moon and she's the kind of person people write songs about.

I hop out of the kitchen counter and turn off the stove. I don't want anything or anyone steal her attention from me. Lauren flinch from my action before she looks towards my direction to meet my gaze.

"Hmm, Camz? Is there something wrong?" Lauren asked in her most soft ball voice.

She's wearing an oversized white t-shirt that covers half of her thighs. Other than that, nothing else. That's why I took the advantage of it and ran my hands to her creamy thigh in the most innocent way, just to shake off my hunger.