The Battle Between the Heart and the Mind

I spend my nights wondering if you're missing me as much as I'm missing you.
- F a r a w a y

~
~
~
Chapter 14
Camila's POV

"Building for optimum capability, page 231." Professor debate (I don't know his name since most of the professors here in Carolton don't give their names or to even bother introducing themselves in front just like what the teachers do in high school) said as I quickly flip the pages of my book until I found the said page.

"Requirements to defend topicality-Topicality is sometimes mistaken for a prima facie issue. It is not. Topicality is certainly a critical issue, often the single most important issue in the debate, but it is considered independently of the stock issues..." He continued discussing about building the affirmative case but my mind is flying off somewhere. I'm sitting on my chair, looking at him and yet none of his words are registering in my head.

Physically present, mentally absent. How great, Camila! I thought to myself. I took a deep breath and shift my eyes on my notebook and pen instead. I feel like my head is about to explode because of so many twisted thoughts came crashing in.

The thing is, I thought what I felt-my heart hammering inside my chest, the way I admire her lovingly, the way I care about her was just...something odd that somehow will subside. Two days passed ever since and I can still feel it everytime she will lay her green eyes on me. Until those two days became two weeks.

I can't even explain to myself, why? Maybe this is nothing. Maybe it's just a pure attachment. Right! I'm used to see her face everyday of my life, 24/7. And now I feel like this because I'm attached. If ever I make myself busy then-Fuck! I feel like I'm lying to myself. No, I really am lying to myself. There's no I feel like cause I'm sure as hell I am. I'm just afraid to admit it to myself. But now I do. And the fact that I can't even convince my own self with my own words, coming from my own mouth made a really strong point. Like a punctation mark in a sentence.

The bell rings around the hallway so I quickly grab my stuff and exit the room and proceed to Dinah's to wait for her. Our next class is PE and I heard we're going to try some track and field and run for about an hour at the oval field today. Unfortunately for me, Lauren and I shared that class. Somehow, I'm still thankful that Dinah's with me and I don't have to stick my ass around her since hanging out with Lauren will just make my situation even more complicated, so does my so called "possible feelings" for the green eyed girl.

I sat at the bench right beside Dinah's room. Their subject, 21st century, already ended and yet Professor Lysa is still discussing inside so I guess she extended once again like the usual.

So, I take my time and slip my hand inside my pocket to get my phone. Let's settle this confusion once and for all. For me to have a peace of mind and to stop my brain from thinking, I go to google and search: What are the signs that you're In love?

A lot of link came up but I clicked the one that says: 7 signs that you're In love. Okay, let's see how this goes...

Sign #1: You always check your phone every 10 seconds.

Well, I never done that and probably I won't do that thing just because I'm waiting for text or something. That annoying airhead.

Sign #2: Everything reminds you of her

As far as I can remember, nothing reminds me of her. Not even a single thing.

Sign #3: You find yourself talking about her.

Again, I don't find myself talking about her or any related topic about Lauren. Shawn, possible. But her? No way.

Sign #4: You'll happily jump through hoops without even thinking about it to spend time with her.