Clark Zachary Cabello Jauregui

Constantly,
Consistently,
Continually,
You.
- perry poetry

~
~
~
Chapter 54
Camila's POV

"Thank you so much for meeting me today, Camila."

I accepted Karen's handshake and smiled politely at her.

"Let's take a seat, shall we?"

I nod my head lowly, "Sure."

Karen browse the menu for a moment before telling the waiter what her order is. Her eyes turned to me, "What about you, dear?"

"I'm good, thank you."

She smiled politely at the waiter before sending him off.

"You and Shawn," Karen started, "I heard what happened."

I took off the ring from my ringer and give it back to her.

"I'm so sorry Mrs. Mendes but I can no longer marry your son."

There's a long pause coming from
her end.

"It's just a letter, Camila. You're going to throw the two years that you and my son shared all because of that? Don't you think it's a bit of a stupid move?"

"I think we're not reading the same page here, Mrs. Mendes. The letter is not the problem here. The problem was your son. He lied to me. All the years that we've been together... he's lying. I don't know if you're even aware but he even hurt Normani. I can't be with that kind of man."

"But you're with Lauren Jauregui. A person who's much more worse than my son."

I quickly get back on my feet. I'm done here. "You don't have the right to say something like that because you don't know her! And for all I know Lauren is way more better than Shawn in every possible way. Haven't I made that clear when I chose her over your son?"

Karen remained calm in her seat. She took the ring and put it inside her purse as she get back on her feet as well, "If that's your decision then I'll respect it. But I just want you to know that you're making a huge mistake. You don't know Lauren entirely, who she really is. And I hope one day you won't find out cause I don't think you can still look at her the same way as you do right now." And with that, Karen excused herself and leave.

I heard that all before. That's what people are telling me— that I don't know her at all. That she's bad for me. That I don't know who and what she really is. They told me Lauren's a survivor after everything she's been through. And they also reminded me to never trust a survivor until I find out what she did to survive. And I never cared about any of that. No matter what she is or how fucked up her past is I will still love her like she's the most perfect woman I've ever seen. And none of those things could make me love her any less, because if there's any, that is I love her even more for who she is. Entirely.

I step out of the restaurant and the paparazzi quickly swoon all over me. Camera flashes nonstop as I make my way back to my car. I was really fascinated how observant they are because now they are bombarding me with questions as to why my engagement ring is missing which I know will spark break up rumors in the next few minutes.

Alfred open the passenger door for me and I immediately hop in. He jogged all the way to the driver's seat and drive away.

"How was your talk with her?"

"It went horrible, but at least she accepted back the ring."

"Now that things are over between you and Shawn, what's the plan now? Are you going to tell her?"