Begin Again

I've never been good at finding my way, but I hope someday it leads to you.
- perry poetry

~
~
~
Chapter 45
Lauren's POV

The rumour about their collab spread like a wildfire in less than a minute after Charli XCX posted a teaser black and white photo of Shawn and Camila in the studio without any caption. And they were right, everybody is living for it. Everybody is so hype for the song, including Shawn. But not Camila. I can't say that she's forced to do it against her will either she's enjoying it. Ever since our last conversation at the meeting Camila became hard to read. She's good at hiding her feelings that no one can able to decipher it including her boyfriend.

Two more weeks had gone passed and Camila's acting like I'm a thin air floating around their house. She's always with Shawn, always making out with him, and though it hurts I know I did the right thing. And seeing them happy together especially Clark makes me happy as well despite of the aching pain in my chest of the fact that Camila and I will never be together.

"Oh! I have a brilliant idea!" Ally suddenly slam her coffee cup against the table that startled me and snap me out from my deep thoughts, "Why don't you go on a date?"

"A date?" I asked with a raised eyebrows and Ally nodded.

"I don't know, Ally."

"Laur, you need to move on from Mila and this is the first step. See someone else that's not Camila."

I stayed silent for a moment trying to think. Ally's right. If I want to move on from her then I should start giving all of my attention to someone else.

"So... what do you say? I know someone who's heavenly perfect for you."

"Okay." I smiled timidly and Ally squealed in excitement.

After our lunch at the coffee shop, Ally dragged me to the nearest clothing shop and have me shopping a few clothes that I can wear for my date.

"This fits perfect for you, Laur." Ally's about to pick up the red dress but I hold out her arm before she can get it.

"Ally, you don't have to buy me clothes, you know? I can buy my own once I get my money."

"This is my gift for you, Lauren. For being a good friend and for being brave to flip the next page of your story and letting go of everything. I know life was never been easy on you and all I want is for you to be happy. And if this date can help you with that then I'll gladly spent every coins that I have in my purse to make that happen." Ally cupped my shoulders and smile, "I love you, Laur."

I felt the tears threatening to fall down because of her heartwarming speech, "I love you too, Ally."

"Now fit this red dress."

I nod my head and took the dress from her hand before I headed towards the fitting room. The dress fits perfectly on my body and I'm starting to love this dress as I stare myself in the mirror every passing second.

"Can I see?" Ally impatiently asked from the outside.

I sway the curtain away so she can see me.

"So... what's your final critic, teacher Ally?"

"You... are beyond perfect, girl!"

I chuckled at how Ally reacted right after she saw me. We ended up adding the dress in the shopping bag as we head home to prepare for tonight. I stand right in front of the store entrance waiting for Ally to fetch her car in the parking lot. As I wait for her to pick me up, I roam my eyes around me. I watched cars passing by, people walking back and forth from where I am until one very familiar figure caught my attention; Shawn. He's walking towards the black tinted Jeep that's been parked in the sidewalk. And no, he's not alone. He is accompanied by someone who's not Camila. I focus my gaze on the girl walking beside him. She's a little bit taller than Camila, slim, and has a dark brown locks.