Lauren's Side of Truth

You are
My happy
My sad
And all things in between
-fw

~
~
~
Chapter 30
Camila's POV

"Hurry! We need to find Lauren. This is not good." Almost everyone in the crowd became emotional after Normani's speech while others are shock including me. Now it's all clear why Normani can't seem to let this all go. It's because Keana is more than a best friend to her. She's In love with her. I glance to my side and near the entrance gate, I saw Lauren. She's standing in the back of the crowd, emotionless. And that's when a thought clicked in my head: I need to comfort my girlfriend.

"Lauren," I whispered underneath my breath as I make my way towards the crowd going to my girlfriend. "Excuse me! Out of the way, please," I pleaded, pushing everyone aside. By the time I get to the entrance gate, Lauren is no longer there.

"Where are you?" I mumbled. I didn't hesitate to go outside the campus and look between the street to my right and the street to my left. As I anxiously roam my eyes around, I saw a raven brunette girl running to the left street, a few miles away from me.

"Lauren!" I called out as I hurriedly run as fast as I can just so I can catch up on her. Given the fact that I'm a track and field athlete, I don't find it that hard to catch up and grab her arm, "Lauren, stop."

"Leave me alone, Camila!"

"I can't leave you alone, Lauren! In the mid of this, you want me to leave you?"

She didn't answer. When I felt that her arm is slowly slipping away from my grip, I tighten my hold onto her. And with all of my strength, I pull her to me. Too much force that our chest collided, making me stumble on my feet. Luckily, I hit the wall so I still get to maintain my balance.

"Fucking hell, Camila! I want you to stay out of my fucking sight!" Lauren spat angrily. Her warm green eyes that I love staring at are so puffy and it's full of hatred, anger, pain, and sadness. And slowly, it is turning into cold, ruthless, and emotionless eye of a human could possible turn into. Lauren looked so miserable, and my heart...it keeps breaking over and over inside me, "I don't need your pity, okay?! So just fucking go!" Lauren push me away from her and I can sense the anger in her voice. Not towards me but towards to herself.

"Lauren, I'm here because I care about you not because I feel pity for you."

"Liar! Your eyes says it all. Look at me! I'm miserable. I'm a broken person. I'm nothing. I'm weak. And because of that you feel pity for me and I hate that! So please, go. Leave me alone!" Lauren yelled angrily while wiping the tears on her eyes.

"No! I'll stay here." I pressed. "Say what you want, I don't care! Because god knows that's not what I feel right now. You're in pain and I'm in pain too, can't you see that? I wanted to help you, to comfort you, not to abandon you in times like this."

Lauren look at for me a couple of minutes. It's pretty obvious that she's suppressing way too hard of her emotions that she finally explodes inside. The green eyed brunette put her hand against her face and clutch it tightly before she snapped.

Lauren hold my shoulders with all of her strength before she slam my back against the wall. I took a series of deep breath because she's hurting me physically.

"Help me with fucking what?! By saying that everything will be okay?! HUH?!"

"I'm your girlfriend, Lauren!"