I Lost My Sun. I Lost You

Meet me where the end begins, in echoes, where your world is me, and my world is you.
- perry poetry

~
~
~
Chapter 58
Lauren's POV

I finally got the courage to play the video— and how I wish I never did. It was very clear how it all played out right in front of my eyes. How Shawn had his arms around Camila while they were sleeping. How my supposedly faithful girlfriend proceeds in kissing his neck.

I grip on my phone tightly with tears keeps on falling down. I don't know how long or how much forced I'm inserting because I heard a 'crack' sound coming from it.

And like a devil, Manuel appeared beside me. I can see his eyes darted to where Shawn and Camila are with a smile on his face. "I've told you already, didn't I? Shawn will always comes first. It's because my son is everything. Can't blame, Camila. Maybe she finally realized that she's making a huge mistake by being with you."

I clenched my jaw and remain silent. Manuel walk over to where Camila is and greeted her a happy birthday. Even though I'm so angry right now and I wanted to punch Shawn and yell Camila for doing this to me, I still put her first above everything else. I decided to walk away rather than cause a scene and ruin her birthday just like how she ruined mine. Unlike her, I still have a heart. I'm not that cruel.

I walk alone in the beach, making sure I am far away from everyone. When I make sure that I'm all alone, I flop down on the sand and let the ocean touch my feet.

I wipe away my tears while looking straight in the ocean. Like a wave, memories hit me all at once. All the good times I wish I could keep. And I think even if I overdosed myself a morphine it will never be enough to numb the throbbing pain I'm dealing right now.

"Heartbroken?"

My head immediately snapped at the unfamiliar voice that echoed beside me. Before I could answer, the unknown girl flop down beside me with a bottle of gin in her hand. I examined her from head to toe. She's petite and have a dark wavy locks and the way she spoke tells me she's already drunk.

I didn't bother myself to answer her question and lent back my eyes on the ocean in front of me instead.

"I'll take that as a yes."

"I think it's none of your business." I snapped at her.

"At least you're not alone though." She shift from her position and she's now facing me, "What's your story?"

"And why would I tell you? I don't even know you."

"Touché. I guess I'll tell you mine first." She drank the whole bottle before placing it down beside her. "My boyfriend broke up with me. He said I was too much and so complicated to handle. He don't want a girl like me. I tried wearing a lot of makeup hoping he'll change his mind and love me more but... nothing. And today I found out that him and my best friend are about to get married. My best friend is two months pregnant with his child. And I swear I have the most pathetic life." She laugh bitterly.

"When you heard my story I'm sure you'll realize that yours is not pathetic as you thought it was."

"Then I'm all ears, brokenhearted girl." She smiled drunkenly.

I took a deep breath before I turn around to face her, "Do you know Camila Cabello?"

"Shawn Mendes' fiancée? Yeah."

"Camila is my girlfriend. Her and Shawn are not a thing. They were doing PR, if you're aware what that means."

She laugh as if what I told her was the funniest joke she'd ever heard, "Camila Cabello is your girlfriend? You're crazy! I think you're more drunk than I am!"