Prom? How About No

You are the moon
I am the sun
you rise to light my dark
I burn to light your day
- gemma troy

~
~
~
Chapter 24
Camila's POV

Prom is only a few months away and this week, lots of romantic promposal are happening in every corner of the campus. And I think Kade's promposal to Abbie takes home the bacon. Lauren and I are walking over the hallway to have our lunch when we saw Kade lift up a huge sketchpad that says: Abbie, don't say anything. Just listen. And then One Less Lonely Girl of Justin Bieber started to play around. He's lip syncing while acting out this romantic gestures in front of Abbie. And then at the end, Abbie said yes with a teary eyes, making all the students to cooed including us.

But I think aside from romantic promposals that's been happening from left to right, something romantic had also happened to me. And I have few of my favorites:

Tuesday, around 2 am, I don't know why but I can't really fall asleep. I've been turning around a hundred times trying to get my comfortable sleepy position but no matter what I do, I just couldn't fall asleep. So I gave up and grab my phone to call Lauren in which she quickly picked it up. I asked her, "Oh, you're still awake or did I disturb your sleep?" And then she laugh. The kind of easy raspy laugh that could make anyone fall In love so easily, "Are you kidding? Ofcourse, I'm still awake." And I know she's lying. It's so obvious to her voice that she's still feel sleepy but she stayed up until sunrise with me. Until then, I didn't notice that I fell asleep with my phone in my ear and with smile on my face.

The next day, the girls and I are having a late night movie marathon. I told Lauren to join us but she couldn't because she's super tired from her practice so I let her sleep and take some rest. In the mid of our disney movie marathon, a loud bang coming from my room echoed around so the three of us started to freak out and panic. At the couch, we're arguing who will go upstairs to look if everything is okay but none of us are making the situation easy so we just agreed that the three of us are going instead. Ally grab a baking roll as her defense weapon in which Dinah and I immediately questioned but Ally just shush us. As we go upstairs, Dinah and I are hiding behind Ally when a loud bang suddenly echoed on the front door making us flinch. "Camila! Camila! Open the door!" It was Lauren banging against the door eagerly so I hurriedly go downstairs and open the door for her. The green eyed girl looks so worried as she cupped my shoulders, "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Is there a thief upstairs?" In the halfway of my smile, I say, "I'm okay-Wait! How did you know about what happened upstairs?"

"You called me, didn't you?"

"I did? I don't know."

"I was so worried about you! Are you really sure that you're okay?"

And I can't help not to smile all the way in as I look at Lauren from head to toe, "Is that why you came here still wearing your pajama?" And the green eyed girl just gave me a smile before pulling me in for tight hug. And suddenly, all my fears goes away.

And I guess my forever favorite is when Lauren's hanging out in my room. We were arguing whether we're going to watch English movies like 007 or French movies like Bob Le Flambeur and we've been stuck in having argument for 30 minutes.

"Here's the deal, CabeLLo," Lauren look over her shoulder. She's sitting on the floor, back resting against the bed while I'm sitting on top, chin against her shoulder. "French movie or french kiss?" And I can see her doing her famous flirty wink that always gets me all the time.

"French fries." I laugh, burying my face against her neck. And we'd just laugh and laugh about everything and nothing. After movie night, Lauren sat on my lap, in her loose t-shirt and pajama. After hours of talking, she fell asleep and I fell In love yet again.