Two Strangers Who Shared a Lot of Memories

Some people survive chaos and that is how they grow. And some people thrive in chaos, because chaos is all they know.
- III

~
~
~
Chapter 63
Camila's POV

I always asked myself when am I going to be able to breathe again because right now it feels like I'm suffocating in the weight of pain and despair. But then I remembered that just because you're breathing doesn't mean your alive.

"Walz, everything will be okay. I know it's hard for you but maybe we just need Lauren to give some space—"

"Bullshit!" I snapped, "Dinah, she can't remember me! So stop telling me that everything will be okay because it won't! Stop telling me what to do because you don't know what I feel!"

Dinah was taken aback by my sudden outburst. As soon as I realized what I just did I immediately pulled her in for a hug, "I'm sorry for lashing out on you like that. I-I didn't mean to."

"It's okay, Walz. I understand." Dinah rubbed my back to comfort me, "If I were on your shoes I'd react the same way too."

I buried my face on the crook of her neck, feeling the tears rolling off from my eyes again. "She will remember me, right?"

"Of course, Walz. You are her Camz and I know for sure that she'll come around. She never loved anyone as much as she loves you."

"I hope so. I really hope so because I'm falling apart." I muttered.

I stayed in her arms a little longer until Ally and Normani walked on us.

"The doctor already cleared Lauren and she's good to go." Ally informed us.

I pulled away from Dinah as the Polynesian girl helped me get back on my feet.

"I'll go fetch Lauser." And then Dinah flee and headed straight to Lauren's room.

"And we have to discuss where Lauren will be staying for the meantime."

"She'll go with me." I told Normani but her expression is not so keen at my proposal.

"Mila, Lauren is having a very hard time remembering you. I don't think it's a good idea that she'll stay with you."

I'm about to open my mouth to protest but Ally suddenly speak.

"Mani's right, Mila. I think it's better if we give her some space. You know, to think and get familiarize to things she used to know and love."

I took a defeated sigh, "So what's the plan?"

"She could stay with us for the meantime." Normani said sternly, "I talked to the doctor and said that we just need to surround Lauren with her favorite things or places that she used to go that means a lot to her. That could trigger her memories to come back."

"What if it doesn't? What if she will never remember me again?" I could feel my stomach turns into twisted knot and my heart just sunk deep within me at the thought that it's possible and might actually happen.

Normani pulled me in for a comforting hug, "Her heart will always remember you, Mila. Lauren left you something to believe and hold onto: your love for each other."

"You'll be okay, Mila. We're here for you." Ally joined in. The three of us hugged each other for a moment before they pulled away and prepare the car.

I headed to her room to see Lauren but stop right beside the door when I heard Dinah and the green eyed girl having a conversation.

"Laur, you really don't remember her?"