Cheater, Cheater, Pumpkin Eater

Why do our hearts choose lovers that make us suffer?
- bridgett devoue

~
~
~
Chapter 40
Lauren's POV

"Do you need anything, Miss?" I asked while rubbing my eyes to shake off my sleepiness. It's already 1:01 am and I'm in the middle of my sleep when Camila suddenly called me to her room.

"Yes. Actually, I am making a list of regrets. Just to be accurate, how do you spell your name again?"

I'm just looking at her with disbelief in my face. She called me at this hour just to tell me that?

"Just kidding!" Camila chuckled sarcastically, "I'm just checking if you're still awake."

"I'm already sleeping." I informed her but Camila doesn't seem to care. Well, obviously, she really don't.

"Okay, then. Go back to your room."

"Alright, good night." I excuse myself before walking out of her room. I headed back to the garage and lay comfortably on the floor.

Positioning my pillow underneath my legs, I shut my eyes close and think of nothing else. I'm just concentrating on getting lost to sleepiness. Seeing Camila being so naturally beautiful in her black night dress with a mess hair is enough to keep me awake like a cup of coffee in the morning.

I breathe in slow and steady. I can already feel the sleepiness sucking me in when I heard a bang against the garage door.

"Pumpkin! Come over here for a minute."

I scratch the back of my head as I check the time on my phone— 1:30 am.

"What now, Camila?"

I get back on my feet and open the door only to find Camila wearing a black bikini with a bathrobe on making my jaw unconsciously drop at the sight she's offering to me.

Holy. Shit.

"Follow me." Camila ordered before walking away. My eyes watch every move she makes. The way she walk is so effortlessly sexy. And her butt? Jesus! Such a jaw dropping blessing to see.

I followed her to the pool as Camila take a seat on the beach chair by the pool side.

"Clean the pool so I can swim."

"At this hour? The water is hella cold, you'll get sick."

"It's none of your business."

"I'm just concern for your health."

"I don't need your concern."

I took a sigh and decided to change the topic, "I already clean the pool this afternoon, Miss Cabello."

"Well, then, clean it again." Camila crossed her legs and lay back down, "I'm not satisfied with your floppy work, pumpkin. There's no day you never disappoint me. Well, your existence disappoint me already."

I guess I have to ignore Camila's mean comments and the calling of my pillow, blanket, and floor just to clean this whole damn swimming pool even though I'm really sleepy. I grab all the cleaning gear and started to clean the swimming pool. Throughout the hour and a half of cleaning, Camila's just sitting there watching me. I make sure that it's shimmering bright kind of cleanliness so Camila won't find any excuse to make me repeat my work at this godly hour. By 2:40 am, I'm done doing what she asked me to do and Camila stand up from her seat and give me a grin.