I'll Ride Till I Die. With You, My Love.

I could be anything in the world but I wanted to be hers.
- the sun and her flowers

~
~
~
Chapter 32
Lauren's POV

[Muffled voices]:

"We did everything we can but... it's already too late. We can't save her anymore. I'm so sorry."

"This is all your fucking fault! You should be the one who died not my daughter!"

"Why did you let me die, Lauren? You told me you're going to save me. You told me and I believed you. But you let me down, Lauren. You let me down and I'm so disappointed in you."

[Many voices speaking at the same time]:

"I'm so disappointed in you. I'm so disappointed in you. I'm so disappointed in you. I'm so disappointed in you. I'm so disappointed in you."

I flinched in my bed, finally free from the invinsible chain that's been wrapped in my body that prevents me from waking up. My vision is still blurry due to the fact that I just woke up. I'm in a huge four wall room but I feel like I'm in a crowded place. I can't breathe. Hands shaking. Sweat continuously dripping off me. No matter what I do, I can't feel any air in my body. It's like my lungs stops working.

I spread my arm across the sheet in hopes to find Camila. Why am I lying to myself? I know she's not there. Next to me is nothing but an empty space where Camila used to lay. And so, I just pretend that she's still there sleeping beside me just like the last time. Her scent is still here in the sheets, in the pillow case where she rest her head. The blanket that fell on the floor because of our last fight is still there.

Tears escape in my eyes as I clutch the sheets in my hand. I need her. Fuck, I need her! I miss her so much and it's slowly burning my heart. It hurts.

I turn to my side and grab the left over bottle of liquor and drink it straight to numb the pain. I can feel the straight burning line on my throat cause by this strong drink.

When the bottle is empty, I throw it on the floor. I drink to numb the pain of the fact that Camila left me. I drink to forgot her name, but the only thing I forgot is to think straight. But the drunken thoughts were all about her. It's always been her.

I stand up from my bed and walk over to the bathroom. I place both of my hands in the sink, gripping on it tightly as I stare myself in the mirror.

I looked like a mess. A fucking mess. Messy hair, bloodshot eyes, bruises on the edge of my lips and left cheek bone.

I don't like you for Camila.

Those words keeps echoing in my head and I don't know what the fuck I should do to stop it. The more minutes passed that I stood here in front of the mirror, the more louder the voices gets.

"STOP!" I yelled angrily, colliding my fist against the mirror.

And suddenly, everything stops. The voices are gone. Those six words stops echoing in my head. The only sound I can hear is my blood dropping on the sink. And all is left to me is the memory of my conversation with Camila's mom.

....
"Mr. and Mrs. Cabello!" I called out. I hurriedly run at the front door of the airport with a small smile on my face.