Slowly Taking Toll

Never fall for a heart that doesn't beat as loudly as you do for it.
- perry poetry

~
~
~
Chapter 50
Lauren's POV

"So, the rumors... was it all true?" Lucy finally met my gaze. We were left alone in Simon's office to talk things out about the PR we're about to do.

"Some." I answered and look away.

"And some are not?"

"Camila and I... I knew her since college. We were together back then but things never ended well between us."

Lucy nod her head, "Now it all makes sense why you cared so much about her."

"It's the least thing I could do for her."

"You still love her?"

I look at Lucy and she's looking back at me, waiting for my answer.

"I'm trying not to."

Lucy's about to open her mouth to say something but then closes it seconds after. Silence surround us for a minute before Lucy breaks it.

"I'm proud to say that I don't ship Camila with Shawn. They have no absolute chemistry. Like if you'll ask me to rate them from 1 to 100, I'd say -100." I know she's trying to lighten the mood which didn't fail cause I ended up from being serious to smiling from ear to ear.

"Are you saying that because you knew Camila and I had history and trying to make me feel better or that's pure honesty?"

"Pure and honest judgement. No shit, have you seen their pictures? Camila's too gay for him, honestly."

I giggled, "I couldn't agree more."

Lucy and I made a high five while laughing as we continue bickering Shawn for the next few hours. My conversation with her is so smooth and genuine like we've known each other for a very long time now. She easily makes me laugh without even trying. I love how she quirked her eyebrows when she gets serious and how her eyes smile when she heard something good. I love how she flips her hair constantly like it's her habit that she's not aware of. And there's no doubt that there's something about her that attracts me. Something inside me wants to know more about her— the real her. The real Lucy Vives behind the camera.

"Thank you for backing me, Lucy."

"It's nothing, fangirl. And don't worry, this PR won't last long. Once we convinced everyone that everything is just a pure misunderstanding then we're all good. I just really find an excuse to hang out with you."

Lucy get back on her feet, "I'll call you when it's time for us to make a show. Until then, Ciao, my friend." I watch her walk up to the door when I suddenly remember the date I bailed on.

"Wait!"

She stopped from her tracks and turn around. There's a grin plastered on her lips, "Miss me already, fangirl?"

"I'm sorry that I bailed on you on our first date. Can I at least make up to you? Is there something I could do?"

"Take care of yourself and smile. Always smile, fangirl. You looked beautiful when you do." And with that, Lucy exit the office.

I rest my head against the wall silently thanking god that I found a solution to this mess. At least now I feel relieve knowing things will get better soon.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and I saw Ally's dozen of worried text messages. She already saw the video online so I texted her saying everything is fine and that Lucy helped me. After sending my message for her, I slip my phone back to my pocket and exit Simon's office.