That was... That was Super Awkward

There was
Forever
In those
Eyes.
- d.j

~
~
~
Chapter 17
Camila's POV

It's been 3 days since that night but what I've felt in that very moment, I can still feel it like it all happened yesterday.

This is not right. What I'm doing is cheating. I shouldn't think about Lauren and my goddamn feelings about her. I'm being unfair to Shawn.

"CAROLTON TIGERS ARE YOU READY???" The MC in front of the stage spoke, drifting my mind away from the chaos and twisted thoughts that always occupy my head. And that's when I remember that I'm standing along with all of the students of Carolton since the University is having a big event today.

What is it again? I honestly can't remember.

"CAMILITAAAAA!!!! ARE YOU READY??" Alex nudge my arm eagerly. She's basically freaking out with her eyes squinted at how long she says the A in my name.

"Ready for what?" I asked curiously. I notice that most of the students are also freaking out and excited just like Alex.

"Seriously?" Younger girl spoke with a poker face.

"I'm serious. What's going on today? I mean, why does everyone freaking out?"

"I've said this to you already for the nth time now, ONE DIRECTION IS HERE!" Alex yelled in my ears. And that's when my brain instantly takes me back 3 days ago where Alex told me about it while we're having our training at the oval. Geez! How can I even forgot about this special day??? One Direction, I mean ONE DIRECTION is coming here in our school and how come the biggest directioner in the whole freaking universe isn't excited like everyone else does???

"I...remember now." I chuckled while scratching the back of my head, "Hold on, let me freak out first."

"Go girl!" Alex giggled before I took a deep breath..

"I LOVE YOU ONE DIRECTION!!! YOU'RE MY FUCKING LIFE!!! ALL I DO IS SING KARAOKE AND FAN GIRLING TO YOU GUYS!" I yelled from the bottom of my lungs, making Alex crack a laugh.

"I've been waiting for the yell! Thank god you did."

"No, THANK YOU because you basically reminded me about it again."

"Can I ask?"

Alex don't even know my answer if I'll allow her to ask me whatever question she had in her head or not. And yet, here she is proceeding to her question anyway. Such a typical Alex, "Ever since I've met you, you're always not in the moment. What's bothering you?"

"What's bothering me?" I replied with a question as well.

Alex gave me a you just repeated my question and you know what I mean kind of look, making me crack a small laugh.

"I mean, I feel like the thing that's keeping your mind always so occupied is because of love, right? But what I mean is, why? You already had the jock Mendes, right? And yet, you looked like your love life is complicated as shit even though you guys looks so carefree and happy."

"Cause it is." I replied with my utmost sincerity. Things will never be complicated if there's no Lauren in my life.

"Because of...her?" Alex pointed over my shoulder so I turn around, only to see Lauren standing in the stage with a microphone in her hand.

My heart started to beat triple times-No, I think it beats so fast like a hummingbird wings. Like a gong being slammed so many times. My heart is racing inside my chest and I don't like the way I'm loving this feeling. This is so not right.