The Taste of Her Own Medicine

Intoxicating. Irreplaceable. Magic. You are all of the above
- perry poetry

~
~
~
Chapter 38
Lauren's POV

I texted Ally that I finally found a more better job than being a pizza delivery driver and she's so happy about it. The only good thing about being a pizza delivery driver is that literally no one is disappointed to see you so I guess that's a better benefit for that.

"You're resigning?" Matthew asked with a raised eyebrows after he read my resignation letter.

I nod my head yes, "Someone offered me a better job. I'm sorry Mat."

"No, no, it's okay. I really do understand. It's just that customers will be disappointed for not seeing you everyday."

I chuckled, "I doubt. Customers are never disappointed in your pizza."

"I doubt." Matthew mimic my voice, "It's you who they always anticipated to see. Actually, I got a very positive feedback about you from a girl named L. She's actually requesting you to deliver her pizza."

"Really? No shit?" I asked in surprise.

Matthew giggle, "No shit." He gave me his phone and I saw the feedback that she wrote. She's really requesting me to deliver her pizza personally. And the thought that someone actually wants to see me aside from Ally of course flatters my heart.

"Does she have a name or something aside from L?"

"Someone's curious." He gave me smirk, "Why don't you find it yourself? Cause your admirer just placed a pizza delivery order today."

I glance at my clock and I still have 30 minutes before I meet Alfred and officially start my job as Clark's babysitter.

Delivering a pizza for like 15 munutes or so won't hurt right? I'm just really curious who's this girl is so I nod my head and wear my uniform for one last time.

I walk towards the counter and took the 5 boxes of pizza and hop into my scooter. The drive going to the Griffith Park lasted for about 25 minutes. The traffic jam in LA is such a pain in the ass and I'm so glad that I'm riding a scooter instead of car. When I arrived at the location written on the paper, I glance at it again and it says it's for Melissa Tate.

I look around me and there's a lot of tent and camera assembled at the park. It looks like they're having a commercial here or something. I hop out from the scooter and walk around. Now how the hell am I suppose to know who's Melissa Tate in these sea of crowds? There's a lot of people—

"Pizza!" I stop from my tracks when someone yelled from behind. I turn around and I saw a chubby blonde girl running towards my direction, "Mazzio's pizza, right?" She asked a little bit of breathless.

Is this L? Probably not since her name starts with M. I look behind her shoulder but I see no one following her from behind. Maybe this is her. You can change your name whenever you're going to leave a feedback and maybe she changes hers because she's afraid that I might felt cringe or she's scared that I'll be turn off once I saw her in person.

"Feeling much, Lauren?" My brain whispered.

"Shut up." I blurted out loud the response that was supposed to be for my brain.