When Tornado Meets Volcano

Real love doesn't meet you at your best. It meets you in your mess.
— J.S. Park

~
~
~
Chapter 31
Camila's POV

"How are you, Mani?" I ask. We're currently sitting at the library so we can talk a little private. Ally and Alex are incharge of talking to Dinah simce everything between this two is still a chaos.

"I honestly don't know. Everything in my head is a mess. I still can't think straight."

I stare at Mani. She's so emotionally deprived. Her under eye is so dark and it's so obvious that she haven't been sleeping well for days. Whereas Dinah, she's hurt. Well, obviously, she is. She felt like Mani just used her as a rebound and lead her on, make her happy for a short period of time and then dump her just like that. And I can't help myself not to think about Shawn every time I'm looking at Dinah. Is he like that when I chose Lauren over him? And just like Mani, I suddenly felt bad.

"What happened to this?" I snap out from my thoughts when Normani suddenly grab a hold of my arm that has bruises all over my skin. A mark of Lauren's aggressiveness the last week we make love.

Her thumb caressing it softly with her eyes darted on me, waiting for my answer.

"Oh...I, uhm, accidentally hit the corner table." I chuckled, "You know me, Mani. I'm a clumsy one."

"Are you sure? She didn't hurt you or anything?"

She didn't mean to. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm sure."

When the bell rings, Mani and I grab our stuff and headed to our class. Since we had a different sched, Mani parted ways while I make a quick stop at my locker to grab some books.

"Hey, uhm, Camila," I turn my face to my right and I saw Peter leaning against the locker next to mine.

"Hey," I smiled. Peter is my art partner. He's a cute guy. Nerd but he had this Johnny Depp kind of charisma.

"I just wanna clarify some things. You and I are partners right? In art class."

"Mh-mm."

"Well," Peter push back his glasses using the tip of his finger, "I've been thinking if we could work to our project a little early? There's family stuff that I need to attend this coming next next week"

"Sure, sure, no problem. If it suits you, we could start working tomorrow."

Peter smiles, holding my arm. He softly caress it using his thumb. And this cute grateful gesture of Peter is what makes him even more cuter. "Thank you, Camila. I really appreciate—"

I gasp when a fist suddenly collided against Peter's face, causing him to fell down on the floor with blood streaming down on his nose. "Oh my god, Peter!" I quickly get down on my knees to check him out.

"Don't you fucking dare touch my girlfriend ever again!" It was Lauren speaking angrily. Before I even know it, Lauren grab my arm and drag me somewhere who knows. I look back to look at Peter and mouthed "I'm so sorry."

Lauren dragged me inside the janitor's room. I look at her and her face is crumpled. She's angry and jealous, it's so obvious. And she's literally being unreasonable right now.