The Hauntings of the Past

I will never understand why you held me if you were afraid of warmth.
- Rupi Kaur

~
~
~
Chapter 28
Camila's POV

I hurriedly run towards my car as soon as the clock strikes 7:30 pm. I open the passenger door and neatly put my dress before I jog my way to the driver's seat. The girls and I will meet at Normani's house to prepare for the prom night that will start at exactly 9:00 pm. The girls still don't know that I have a car so I'm pretty excited to brag it to them. I put the key to the ignition and revive the engine of my car as I started to drive around the blocks of New York.

When I'm near to Normani's house, I spotted Dinah and Ally walking while having a chitchat so I eagerly press the gas pedal towards Dinah before I press the honk longer and louder, causing both of them to jump off.

I crack a loud laugh while hitting my steering wheel couple of times. Dinah is so mad right now that she kept on cursing me. I rolled up my window and peak outside.

"Hola!" I waved happily with a smirk plastered on my lips.

"Fuck you, Camila!" Dinah cursed out loud, earning a glare from Ally.

"I can hear you, Dinah Jane!" Ally.

"Uhh," I press the honk again, "Put your ass in the side, Dinah. My mustang is here."

I saw how their jaws dropped as I continue driving and park it at Normani's driveway. When I hop out from the driver's seat, Dinah and Ally quickly walk up on me.

"Which car rental did you called for that thing?" Dinah.

"It is MINE. M-i-n-e. Mine."

Dinah raised an eyebrows, "No shit?"

"No shit, Dinah."

Ally squealed, "Oh my god! Can we ride that on the way to Carolton? Please say yes, Mila." Ally claps her hands in prayers with her eyes pleading for me to say yes.

"I'll be happy to be your chaperon for the night." I grin.

The three of us started to walk inside Normani's house since Mani's the one who will do our make up. Ally's in charge of doing our hair while Dinah and I are in charge of eating every food Normani have on their fridge. I still can't believe that it's been 3 months already. I've been waiting for this prom for a long time and now here it is. Only an hour away.

It took us almost two hours before we finish glamming up. My hair is being curled up as I wore my black slit glittering dress paired with an open heel grey sandals. I'm wearing the most natural make up. Dinah's wearing a red slit fitted dress, Ally's all white dress, and Normani's wearing a dark blue navy dress.

The girls and I are rocking our outfits right now. We all jump up to my mustang as I drive excitedly to Carolton. I'm so excited to see my girlfriend as well. I haven't seen her the whole day since she wanted me to surprise about her outfit. When we arrived, Alex quickly greeted us. She's wearing a flower crown, backless silver dress and a heels. Alex looks so stunning tonight. As we mingle around with our fellow classmates, I can't help not to roam my eyes in hopes to find Lauren.

"Cami, you look so fucking beautiful!" Alex gasped while checking me out.

I smiled, "I know, I know. Don't say it as if it wasn't that obvious enough."

Alex playfully rolled her eyes, "I can't with you."

We continue to have a conversation along with our other classmates and some of our track and field team. We've been discussing about dresses and makeups and how college prom is much more exciting than the ones we had in our senior high school days. Alex offered me a drink but I told her I'll drink some iced tea instead. We continue having a chitchat when something hit my head. When I look over the floor, it was a paper airplane.