It's Home. I'm at Home With Her

A/N: Read at your own risk 😏

_____

May my heart
be the softest place you fall,
may this love
be the wildest place you run
- butterflies rising

~
~
~
Chapter 22
Camila's POV

Spider-man is playing in the background, but my attention was on her. My eyes began to close, and my head rest comfortably upon Lauren's chest. She softly kiss my forehead, then my cheek. I open my eyes again and find her staring sheepishly into mine. Lauren reach down and tuck a few strand of my hair behind my ear. She pull in close and kiss me slowly, leaving her hand cupped against my face, stroking my cheek using her thumb. That feeling of being in her arms, laying with her, it's home. I'm at home with her.

When Lauren pulled away, the green eyed girl suddenly ask, "No joke? Do you...really love me?"

"Yes. So much, Lo. So much. I sit here and think how much I love you. Your eyes, your hair, your voice, your smile, your body, your mind, your soul, your laugh, your heart, all the things you say and all the things you do. Everything. From the very tips of your toes, to the very top of your head. I am In love with every aspect of you, even the parts that you have grown to hate. Lauren, love," I cupped Lauren's cheeks, "that's how hopelessly and so pathetically In love I am to you."

Lauren searched my eyes and nodded her head, but her own eyes told me that she wasn't convinced that I mean it. I took a deep breath. I would make it my job to make her believe. I would believe strongly enough for the both of us if I had to. I took her in my arms and then scoot over so that I could climb up on her lap and nuzzle her more closely, "I love you, I love you, I love you," I whispered, smiling, trying to make this moment a happy one.

Lauren smiled back and put her lips against mine, mouthing, "I love you too," against my mouth, as if she was breathing love into my body.

We continue to watch the movie, I'm sitting in Lauren's lap with my back rest against her chest and her arms wrapped around my waist. And with my eyes fixed on the tv screen, I can't help not to smile and ask myself, Is this even real? I'm here in my room with Lauren? This is reality, right? I hold Lauren's hand and squeeze it tightly to assure myself that I'm not dreaming at all. It wasn't.

"Why, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Lauren worriedly asked so I look over my shoulder and shook my head.

"I'm just checking if I'm dreaming. I just can't believe that I'm right here with you. It's..it's all good to be true, you know."

"Me too. I can't believe you love me as well."

I gave Lauren a I know you knew that I love you kind of look, making the green eyed girl giggled.

"I swear, I don't! I'm surprise though."

"Come on, you're Lauren Jauregui. Every students at the campus are all desperately to date you. Every women are drooling over you, you know?"

"I know." Lauren smirk so I slap her chest.

"Can't you be more humble just for once?"

"What? It's true though. Besides, I only had hints."

"Like?" I curiously asked and the smile on her face grew even more wider and her eyes seems brighten up. It looks like she remembers something embarrassing to my part. Oh god!

"Oh! That one time that you were in the middle of practice with Alex. You were dreaming with an open eyes and says I love you too, Lauren." Lauren mimic my voice but in a tiny sound. The kind of voice that was so desperate to get her crush's attention.