Will You Be the Sun or the Pouring Rain?

There were miracle in your kisses
They were medicine to my veins
- perry poetry

~
~
~
Chapter 61
Normani's POV

"Right, left, right, left," I showed the steps I come up with to Mila's dancers for her latest single.

I was too focused dancing to notice another presence in my dance studio. The only time I did is when I look back up to the mirror and I saw Shawn standing by the door frame.

My demeanor immediately changes and my body was quick to stop from moving.

I motioned Missy to cut off the music before I faced the dancers, "Y'all did a wonderful job. Let's take a break first, shall we?"

They smiled and gave me a high five before they left the studio. I motioned Missy to leave the room as well so Shawn and I could talk in private and she quickly understood it and left.

The moment the door shut, I walk towards Shawn and I didn't think twice of punching him straight in the mouth.

"You really had the guts to show your face to me after what you did?!"

Shawn massage his bleeding lips, "I didn't come here to fight with you, Normani."

"Then why are you here?!"

"Lauren."

I rolled my eyes. Of course, it's about Camila and Lauren again, "Can you please leave them alone?! Let them live for god fucking sake!"

I walk over to the door but as soon as I walk pass him, Shawn grab a hold of my arm.

"You don't understand, Normani! We need to do something about Lauren!"

I pulled my arm away from him, "Incase you forgot, I'm out. I cut whatever relationship we have. Now leave!"

"If you care about Camila and Clark then you will listen to me."

I didn't say anything and just look at him.

"Lauren's anger issue is back and that's why I think... she's suffering from her nightmare again. I saw it with my two eyes, Normani! Lauren doesn't have any control to herself anymore!"

"And you expect me to believe that? Shawn, I know Lauren. She's not the same person as she was 5 years ago. You can't manipulate me again."

"No," Shawn shook his head, "You know I'm telling the truth here. You know I'm not just being delusional trying to find a way to break her and Camila off. Come on, Normani! Are you just going to stand there and do nothing about it? Are you going to watch Lauren destroy Camila again? Circumstances are different now. There is a child involved so think about him. Think about Clark."

I fell silent. I hate to admit it but Shawn have a point. Lauren's behavior drastically changed the moment she walked off that night to meet her mom.

"And not just her anger issue that made a comeback. Even her alcohol issues. And did you know? She's also doing an underground fight. Ring a bell?"

I didn't say anything.

"That was the same Lauren who killed Keana!"

"Watch your mouth!" I pointed at him, "Keana's death is no one's fault!"

He scoff, "Lauren drove Keana to her death! And you chose to believe that? Shame on you!"

"Why don't you just tell it to me straight, Shawn?! You want me to help you break things off between Camila and Lauren so you two could get back together, right? That is what you want!"