I'm Jealous and You Know Why

This is me. I am the eye of the storm and my heart is a little broken. But if you want me, I'm yours
- Courtney Peppernell

~
~
~
Chapter 11
Camila's POV

The whole drive was silent except for The Carpenters playlist playing on the background which I've created using Lauren's spotify. My eyes are darted straight on the window as Lauren drive along the blocks of Manhattan. Honestly, I'm so excited and looking forward for this party. I have to admit, I'm the worst party goer you'll ever meet in your whole life. I don't know, I want to enjoy partying and stuff but I always find myself looking for an excuse to leave and slack off to my bed instead, reading some fictional books while listening to Karen Carpenter's I Just Fall In Love Again and let myself feel the love from the love story I've been reading. That's how hopeless romantic I am.

But now that I have Shawn and currently living in the process of creating my own happily-ever-after, I gotta step up from my game a little bit. Not that I am insecure or something but I'm starting to realize that Shawn's a jock and there are so many girls always hanging out around him -more sexier and prettier than I am. Shawn's ex, Camila Althea, was one hell of a beauty, I'm going to give that to her. I mean, every Shawn's ex is beautiful then here I am, a potato and nerd looking with this eyeglasses on.

I...kinda want to change myself and my looks. Not just for Shawn but for me as well. I want to try something I don't usually do (it's not that bad to show my inner Karla out sometimes, right? I think it's time for her to take over). That's also one of the reason why I'm looking forward for this party so I can talk with Selena since she's part of the Cheer leading squad.

The car stopped at the side so I look through the window and there's a huge house at the side. I guess we're already here. Lauren and I unbuckled our seatbelts and exit the car as Kendall and a guy which I assumed her boyfriend, welcome us with a warm smile.

"I'm glad you guys make it!" Kendall greeted, giving us a peck on the cheeks before nudging on my arm, "I knew you'd never disappoint me, Mila."

I chuckled, "I really want to attend a party like this even though I'm the worst party goer ever."

"Don't worry about it Mila, all of us became the worst party goer before we've become the best ones so no worries. Besides, you have one of the best party goer right beside you." Kendall winked, referring to Lauren who's currently standing beside me with her green eyes roaming around.

"I guess you really prepared for this, huh?" The green eyed girl spoke before meeting Kendall's gaze.

"Ofcourse! Like I said to my bestfriend," Kendall wrapped her arm around my shoulder, "It will be a fun party. Memorable one!"

"Where's Selena?" Lauren asked.

"Hanging out with Jake."

"I see."

"Your face looks familiar to me." Kendall's boyfriend suddenly speak with his eyes darted on me, making my eyebrows to furrowed.

I saw in the corner of my eyes that Lauren's looking at me with raised eyebrow but I completely ignore her and focus my attention to this guy instead, "Really? Have we met before?"

"You are...Shawnies girlfriend for real-real, right? Cause I saw you two being too touchy."

Oh no.

I suddenly gulped pretty hard after I heard what he just said. When...did he see us? I mean, Shawn and I are trying to act casual and formal in front of everybody. Before I could even say anything, I felt Lauren's arm around my waist, pulling me even more closer to her, "Shawn and Camila are nothing. She's my wife and she's mine only. End of conversation."