Stars. Fireworks. A Symphony. All the Everything

Everyday I get lost in that "something about you".
- p e r r y p o e t r y

~
~
~
Chapter 21
Camila's POV

When I arrived at the party, My Boo by Ghost Town DJs is playing around. Some are dancing but most of them are doing the running man challenge. I roam my eyes around in hopes of finding Lauren at the sea of crowds when my eyes shift to my left side- Alex is dancing like a worm who got sprinkled in salt, making me crack a small laugh.

"What?" She asked innocently so I shook my head with my hand covering my mouth as I continue to laugh silently.

"Cami! Alex!" Marco approach us with a smile. He wrapped his arms around our shoulder, "Congrats on passing the try out this morning."

I smiled and said my polite thank you while Alex just gave him a smile.

"Come!" Marco dragged us to the center where almost all athletes who passed the try out this morning are all gathered and they were all doing the running man challenge. And there's no way I will do this because I know I'm suck at it. When we arrived, they were all cheering for us and chanting that we should do it. Alex, ofcourse, being her typical gay ass quickly hop in at the challenge.

"Camila! Let's fucking go!" Alex grab my arm and drag me closer to her. She's already doing the running man challenge while I'm standing there, laughing at her.

"Just dance, I'll go look for Lauren." I whispered at her and the asian girl just nod her head with approving smile and thumbs up.

Very supportive friend.

I excused myself from everyone around the circle as I started to roam at the open field of Carolton. The field was filled with lights, at the middle there was a built up stage and Synergy is playing cover songs from different bunch of famous bands. And right now, they're playing Breakeven of The Script. Most of the people are singing along, feeling the emotion of the song with a red solo cup in hand. I stop by in front of the stage and admire Taylor for a bit. The song fits to her voice pretty well and I think I like her version more. When our eyes met, she gave me a smile and a wink and I did the same.

I continue to roam around until I bump into Shawn and that made me snap back from the reality that I had a boyfriend that I haven't spoken for almost a day. That I had a boyfriend waiting for my reply but I forgot because I was too busy thinking about Lauren. We stare at each other a little too long, enough for me to notice that something is wrong. Something's different. Shawn's aura is not the typical jolly, super attractive, dreamy boyfriend aura that he always wore everyday. He looks like he's carrying both heaven and hell on his shoulder. Eyes are red, a little bit puffy and messy hair. I can't smell if he's drunk or what but I'm sure he cried. Yeah, I'm really sure that he was especially when his voice crack when he called my name, "C-camila,"

My heart sinked deep within me. I quickly pulled him in for a hug. And the thought of breaking up with him vanish from my head. All I can think right now is to comfort him. I already failed to be his faithful girlfriend when I kissed Lauren in San Francisco. I don't want to fail being his best friend too. So I hug him. As tight as I can so he can feel that he's safe with me.

"Camila," Shawn buried his face on the crook of my neck. I felt the tears streaming down from his eyes so I caress his back gently.

"Sshh, stop crying. I'm here, I'm here." I pulled away and cup his cheeks. I use my thumb to wipe away his tears. He look so broken and I wonder what happened, "Do you want to go somewhere more quiet?"