The Wedding Proposal

A/N: I'm sorry that it took a very long time for me to update. I wrote a very long chapter as my thank you for ur patience with this book. Enjoy ❤️
- K.

__________________________________

Here I am, tangled up in all your pieces, and all I want to do is stay.
- perry poetry.

~
~
~
Chapter 46
Lauren's POV

I usually greet the morning with a smile, looking forward for a better day but today is different. I sit up straight and rest my head on the bed frame. I could feel myself slowly drowning in fears and anxiety. Last night was surreal and ecstatic. Camila and I got back together and that is everything to me. She made me feel like I was the luckiest woman in the world for being loved by her. And I know for sure that I'll give up everything to feel all those feelings twice. And now I feel like my wings had taken away from me before I got thrown out from the heaven and fall straight to the hard concrete. I remember she was here, lying beside me. I remember everything. How she looked at me with so much love. How her smile never left on her face as she gaze through my eyes. How she constantly looked at my lips. How her soft kisses makes my heart jump. How her fingers traces soft circles my arms. How her voice soothes me until I fall asleep. How she held me in her arms throughout the night. And the only thing I could think of is home. After being lost for a very long time, finally, I'm home. I'm finally in a place where I truly belong— right here in Camila's arms.

Now I wake up with no Camila in sight. And just like that, the scary thoughts began to race inside my head. What if she changed her mind? What if she's In love with the memories and not to me? What if she realized it's really Shawn all this time? What if—

I snapped out from my thoughts when I heard a knock against my door. I was hesitant to open it at first but maybe it was something important so I decided to get up and walk towards the door. I place my hand against the doorknob and took a deep breath as I prepare myself for the worst thing that might happen the moment I open it.

Thinking it was Camila, I immediately speak the moment I swing the door open. "Do you regret it?"

"Regret what, Miss Jauregui?"

I was surprised to see Alfred. He was wearing much more formal attire than the usual. His hair is well brushed up and he's giving me a mischievous smirk. 

"If it's about last night then I'll gladly transfer the message to Miss Cabello." He added, making me blush.

"Y-you... you knew?"

He nodded as the smirk immediately replaced with a genuine smile.

"How? You were asleep last night with Clark. I knew because I saw you. You were even snoring."

"The only time I snore is when I don't want to disturb someone else's moment. For example, you and Camila's."

I shook my head while smiling, "Remind me to never underestimate a man like you."

He chuckled, "Kidding aside. I'm happy for the both of you."

My smile died down a little, "Me too."

"You don't look like you are."

I stayed silent.

"You're hesitating?"

"What if Camila changed her mind?"

"What makes you think she changed her mind about you?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I guess I was just scared. In everyone's eyes she belongs to Shawn. Technically they are still together. I got these questions in my head... now that we've picked up what we left off, what now?"