Part 2 Chapter 22

Alana
"You think your mom and Levi are still fucking?" I asked Zara
Dinner was now over and we were sitting in the corner gossiping. I couldn't wait to talk to her about it we have been exchanging looks the whole time. So here we are in the corner with wine glasses in our hands making up assumptions.
"I don't know. Like she would tell me that oooh maybe we should ask your mom!" Zara said
"Yeah fucking right. Come on now this is your mom we're talking about.."
"True."
I saw Levi walking into the room holding Melanie's hand. I immediately turned to look at Monica and see how she's reacting. She still had the mean mug on her face but this time she was looking at me. I smiled at her then wink before walking away from Zara to find Chandler.
"Well if it isn't my little trouble maker." James said from behind me
"What could you possibly need now?" I asked turning and looking up at him.
"Nothing" he said looking me over "nothing at all. I just wanted to say hello and I can't wait to move in to get to know my grandsons more." James said taking my wine glass from me. He took a sip of my wine and then gave me back the cup. He just glared at me and seemed so angry with me and I have no idea why.
"Why do you hate me?" I asked
"I don't hate you Alana if you want me to be completely honest. I like you more than Monica you are more hmmm what's the word fun, interesting, feisty!." James whispered.
"You are a little close don't you think. I mean you damn near jumped down Levi's throat for being this close to me." I said
"I don't want you the way he does I'm simply whispering so your hot head husband won't hear anything. So Alana do you cook everyday or is there a schedule. Everyone says you're an amazing cook so I can't wait to taste your cooking" James said before walking away towards Zara and Serena.
Ugh I just got this weird feeling in my stomach. I shook it off and walked towards Chandler who was deep in conversation with my dad and Levi.
"I fucked her." Levi said
"I don't understand why you keep going back to her. She's not all that." Chandler said
"How are you going to talk about your ex wife like you want up her ass for the past twenty eight years." My dad said
"It obviously was shit since I left her but you think Melanie knows?"
I stopped ease dropping and wrapped my arms around Chandler's waist.
"Knows what?" I innocently asked while smiling up at Levi. He looked at me with a displeased face before I looked up at Chandler and kissed him.
"Nothing that concerns your nosey ass." My dad said
"Whatever...." I said
"I'll tell you later." Chandler said whispering in my ears. I smiled and nodded my head before going to check up on my kids.
"Mommy I'm ready to go home to my bed in my room." Avery said laying there watching Netflix.
"We are leaving tomorrow." I said climbing into the big bed and next to him.
"And grand ma and grandpa?" Avery asked
"Are coming too." I said
"Yaaaay! I love them already. Grandpa said he'll take me fishing!" Christian said
"Fishing?" I asked
"Yeah and we are gonna catch fish and maybe some hunting?"
"Hunting and fishing?" Chandler said "yeah that sounds like something my dad will do with them. He hasn't done that in a while but I guess he has someone to take with him."
Chandler climbed in bed behind me and pulled me into his lap. I sat there and listened to the kids talk about all these things that James wants to do with him and I could see the sadness on Chandler's face. He's never done any of that with James. He was too busy trying to stay as far away from James as possible. Chandler was more close with my grandfather and saw him as a father figure more than his own dad. It's just sad. Yeah James is a controlling asshole that's very intimidating but I want him and Chandler to spend some time together even if that means they sit next to each other in silence.
The kids finally drifted off to sleep so Chandler got up out the bed and I quickly followed behind him.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah baby. I'm fine it's just hearing them talk about the things my day want to show them hurts a little. My dad never was interested in showing me any of that we were too busy fighting. It sucks that I never truly had a father and now he could possibly be dying..the shit just sucks!." Chandler said
"I know baby but look at it like this. You could work on y'all relationship. Go fishing with him by yourself one day and I mean actually talk to him not fight. Cause honestly as much you claim you don't need it. You do" i said bracing myself so he could pick me up
Chandler didn't even say anything. He seemed to be in deep thought about it but it's true. Chandler can't deny that he wants a good relationship with his father but his pride and James pride gets in a way of it... but only time will tell