Chapter 56

Chandler
"So you're gonna marry Alana?" Levi asked me.
We were outside smoking and I was sitting in the rocking chair with the door wide open just in case Avery woke up.
"I mean should I?" I asked
"What do you mean? You got the ring you got her all you have to do now is propose to her."
"Yeeeaaaaah I guess I should. I mean at this point I'm over the cat mouse game with her. It's either now or never."
"I'm picking now you seem to have gotten everything under control right? No more talking with hands." Levi asked
To be honest me and Alana haven't had a bad argument in a bath while so I don't know that answer. I don't just hit for the hell of it,it only happens when I'm pissed off.
"I'm fine i mean of course I'm not magically healed but at least I'm thinking before I do. I'm not trying to fight my way through things anymore I'm getting too damn old for this shit.." I said handing the blunt to Levi.
"I hear you man and I'm over hearing Alonzo bitch about you. You know he's been doing that ever since he going out about y'all."
"I figured that much. Even though he forgave me it always felt as if it was forced friendship but you know Alonzo he doesn't do drama anymore at least.." I said laughing. Shit if y'all thought I was the one with all the drama y'all Alonzo had me beat back then. I've covered for him so many times when he was out with this one and then he would be with another one all while Carmen was in school. Before him and Carmen got married he cheated so much that one day I had to come up to Carmen's job to help break up a fight. Apparently the girl got sick of being on the side and Alonzo kept on telling her that he was going to break up with Carmen to keep her happy but I guess she got fed up and went up there to tell Carmen herself. What was funny is that Carmen already knew who the bitch was and the moment she saw her she jumped on her and kicked her ass with Monica right behind her.
"Shit I know i never thought he would calm down on the cheating but I guess Carmen scared his ass."
"Oh she did. She packed up her and the kids things and told him that the next time he cheat they were out and he never looked at another girl ever again." I said
Levi and me looked at each other and started dying laughing at the memory. Alonzo had tested what Carmen said and she left with Alana and her brother and didn't look back for a whole year. Alonzo ass was so depressed and crying every day until one day Carmen got tired of Alana asking for Alonzo so she went back home. Well anyways back to reality.
"Well you bought the ring and you got the house without her knowing FYI she's gonna kill you for picking a house without her.." Levi said taking the blunt from me.
"I don't care. It's like pulling teeth to get her to make a decision on a house. When i went with her apartment shopping I wanted to jump out of the fucking window. But yeah I guess I'm ready for it." I said sitting back in the chair thinking.
"Are you ready for it?" Levi asked
"I mean I've been divorced for what three months? I don't know if I'm ready."
"I guess that makes sense. So why did you buy the ring then?"
"For when i am ready. Plus this fucking Clara shit is just ughh that bitch is pissing me off." I said.
She has been blowing up my fucking phone about this baby and I honestly don't give a shit about the damn child. It's not mine and I know it's not mine but she's on another one saying that it is mine. I'm so close to just kicking her in the stomach.
"The baby yours?"
"Fuck no! That bitch knows that it's not mine but she constantly saying it is.. I'm gonna punch her in the stomach if she keeps fucking with me."
"CHANDLER! You can't say shit like that. That's an innocent child."
"I don't give a fuck! I'm over her and I'm over the whole situation. Why didn't i just go home!"
"Because you're a piece of shit who puts his needs before anyone else. No matter who it hurts." Alonzo said from the driveway.
Levi got up from the porch and walked up to him and hugged him. I sat there and looked at him as he just looked at me before giving me a head nod and turning back his attention to Levi. Sometimes I wished that I did turn Alana around that night but then again I'm glad that I didn't.
"Why are you here?" I asked
"Because. I'm bored and Levi told me to come over because you had plans on proposing to Alana."
"Can y'all keep anything a secret!" I yelled.
Levi shrugged his shoulders and went back into the house so that left me and Alonzo standing outside looking at each other.
"So?" I said
"What's good with you?" Alonzo asked
"I mean what's up with you? You already threatened my life over Alana and I've apologize so many times about all the things I've done but if you don't want to be my friend anymore then that's fine. But just so you know you Alana is happy."
"Is she?" Alonzo said
"Yeah man I'm not even doing anything. We are chilling and living life."
"Well where is she? I've been trying to call her but she hasn't been answering."
"She's in Memphis visiting some friends." I lied
"Oh okay. So what is this I hear about you trying to marry Alana?"
"I mean I know it's the right thing to do. I have the ring and all I need is for her to say yes."
"And if she says no?"
"Not an option.." i said laughing
Alonzo looked at me with a serious face and I started laughing even harder.
"I'm fucking joking damn. But I doubt she will say no."
Alonzo ignored me and walked into the house and I saw Levi sitting with Avery eating. We were all eating and talking when I heard someone knocking on the door. I got up from my seat and saw Clara through the screen door. Fuck!
"This stupid ass bitch!!"
"Who is that?" Alonzo asked
"Just a fuck up. Give me a minute and I'll get her out of here."
I grabbed the door and yank it open to see her smirking. I wanted to punch her in the face so bad but I kept my cool.
"The fuck you doing at my house for bitch?" I yelled
"I came by to see you. I know your girl not here considering that she ain't answer. Can I come in?" Clara asked
"You got about five seconds to get away from this door before I shoot you and that bastard baby!"
"Chandler chill come over here let me talk to her?" Levi said
"No! I want to talk to my baby daddy not you Levi." She said
"Baby daddy? Chandler who is this bitch?" Alonzo said while shaking his head.
"Clara you know that fucking baby is not mine! I'm telling you if you call me one more time I'm gonna seriously hurt you!" I said
I'm so close to loosing my shit. I felt a bunch of rage inside me as I started to pace the room. I started counting backwards and thinking back. Could this be my child? No! I know for a fact that it's not why am i even thinking about it. I need this bitch gone before I snap.
"Well well well.. who is this?" I heard Monica say
I turned my head towards the door and just started laughing. What the fuck is even life right now? I'm gonna blow I'm gonna end up hurting someone.
"What the fuck? Mon why are you here?"
"Mariah left her favorite blanket here and you know she can't sleep without it. What is this I hear about you having another baby mama. Damn I hope Alana knows about her."
"I don't have another baby mama and she does know about her. We both know this bitch is lying she just looking for a handout and I'm not giving her shit." I spat.
"My my my Chandler. Thought you were gonna be a better man but I guess not."
"Look I don't have time for your bullshit get the fucking blanket and go! I'm not dealing with this! Levi go with her." I said pointing to the back. Monica saw the look on my face and quickly stopped laughing and walked to the back with Levi. I turned my gaze to Clara and walked up on her. She backed up but I grabbed her by the shirt and pushed her hard against the wall. Alonzo grabbed me but I moved my arms away from him and put my attention back to her. My hand went from her shirt and towards her neck. I wanted so badly to choke her ass to death but I didn't instead I brushed some hair out of her face so she can see the seriousness on my face.
"Listen here you stupid ass bitches you know damn well this isn't my child so if you wanna continue to play this stupid ass game let me know but we are getting the DNA test. I don't care about the risks of you losing the baby I want this shit done and over with! So are you with me? Is this my fucking child or not!" I yelled in her face. I gripped her shirt a little harder and stared into her eyes. She looked scared but I honestly don't give a shit she has pushed me to the edge with this bullshit.
"Hello! Did you hear me? You wanna get this test or do you wanna get this test?"
"Chandler let the girl go." Alonzo said
"Nah fuck this bitch! She wanna play I can play too but she just woke the fucking devil up! Hello you dumb bitch can you hear me?" I asked
Still Clara didn't say anything she just stood there looking at me like she didn't know English. All the rage that I've been hiding has crept up and I'm ready to kill this bitch. Now Levi was back up front and was standing there watching this all go down.
"ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION YOU DUMB BITCH!" I yelled in her face.
"Okay no! The baby isn't yours! Happy now" Clara finally said
"You got five seconds to get out my house."
"But."
"Three" I said between my teeth.
"What happened to one and two?" Levi asked laughing. I started laughing with him and then I saw Monica still standing there.
"Why the fuck are you still here?" I asked
"Well I was wondering why both of these bitches were in my house?" Alana said.
I closed my eyes and saw Alana standing there with her hands on her hips and she looked pissed. I walked up to her to kiss her cheek but she moved away from me.
"Hey baby." I said to her
"So no one wanna answer my question. Why are they here?!" Alana yelled