Chapter six

Chandler
Pregnant? Alana was really on the phone telling me that she was pregnant. I had to do what I had to do. I couldn't risk losing my family over this. I drove home with images of Alana on the floor trying to move but I instantly pushed those images back when I saw Zara running out of the house .
"What's wrong?"
"Alana she's been attacked they're taking her to the hospital she lost a lot of blood" Zara said while getting into my car.
I drove to the hospital cursing and kicking myself in the ass because I knew that something was going to go down. We arrived and Zara hopped out the car before I could fully stop and ran into the hospital. I parked my car and ran in after Zara and saw everyone standing in the waiting room. Carmen was sitting down crying and shaking and Alonzo was trying his best to hold it together.
"What's happening?" I asked looking around.
"She's she's been beat really bad they said she might go into a coma . Somebody had it out for my baby!" Carmen screamed before getting up to see when she can get to see Alana.
I sat down and started to cry. I didn't mean to do all of that I panicked . Okay I panicked. She was going to tell I couldn't let that happen. We sat there for a few more minutes before w doctor came out.
"The family for Alana Boa Vista" the doctor yelled.
"That's us" Alonzo said holding on to Carmen.
"Well she is stabilized after slipping in and out of consciousness luckily she's not in a coma. Oh and considering all the trauma to her stomach the baby is still alive its a fighter and so is she" the doctor said.
"Baby? She didn't tell us about no baby! Is she awake can we see her" Alonzo asked.
"Yeah sure she's right down this hall third door to the right "
We all got up and walked to the door and with each step my heart was beating faster and faster. We got to the door and saw Alana laying there and she looks awful. They didn't mention her arm was broken. I walked closer to her and I couldn't recognize her because of all the bruises and swelling.
"Oh Alana baby who did this to you " Carmen asked rubbing Alana's arm.
I watched as Alana moved and tried to say something. Alonzo grabbed her some water and tried to get her to drink it.
"I just wanted him to stop hurting me " Alana said.
"Who?" Carmen asked
"Nobody important I wished this day never happened " Alana cried.
"Did the father of the baby do this?" Zara asked
I looked at Alana who was staring at me and waited for the answer. I pleaded with my eyes and hoped she wouldn't say anything.
"I don't know who he is " Alana said.
"What do you mean how many guys have you been sleeping with?" Alonzo yelled
"A lot okay excuse me but maybe one of the condoms broke I'm not exactly Virgin Mary " she screamed back.
"Okay you two no stop it" Carmen said in a serious tone.
"Can y'all just go I don't want to be bothered by any of y'all just go!" She screamed.
"Let's go everybody she needs to rest" I said getting up and kissing her in the forehead and made sure I was the last one to walk out.
"Im coming back later okay."
"Fine" she said before turning her head and trying to fall asleep.
I went home and got into the shower and cried again. How could I be so cruel? Maybe if I just talked to her she would have got an abortion. I got out the shower and put on my workout clothes so I didn't have to hear Monica's mouth and went out the door to the hospital.
I passed a florist shop and went and bought her some roses and I even went and bought her more jewelry. After I got back to the hospital I stood at the door scared to go in.
"You just gonna stand there or what "Alana said
"I'm coming in and I bought you some stuff"
"Let me roses and some expensive jewelry that's not going to fix this" she said trying to roll her eyes.
I put all the stuff down and sat down beside her and grabbed her hand. She gasped and moved away from me and shook her head no that I couldn't touch her.
"Baby you know I never meant to hurt you "
"Yeah right you had to save your precious family. Does your wife know that you're here?"
I stood up feeling myself getting angry again but I just looked around. I saw a machine next to her that's connected to her stomach.
"Is this for the baby?"
"Yes it's the monitor for the heart beat I told them to cut it down"
I looked at her stomach and then back at the monitor.
"Can I hear?" I asked barely over a whisper.
I looked at her as she nodded her head and pointed to the knob for the sound. I hesitated to cut it up but eventually I did and I heard the strong heart beats of my child . I almost broke out into tears but I couldn't.
"So I guess abortion is out of the question " I asked
"Chandler I didn't even consider it I know I'm not doing it so don't bring that back up " she said screaming.
"Calm down. I don't know what to do about this"
"So you tried to kill us as an idea!" she screamed.
"I-I mmmm I wasn't trying to kill you I was ju- "
"Just trying to kill the baby instead " she said while trying to roll her eyes again.
"I panicked! I love you Alana I really do but my family is more important than you." I admitted.
She slowly got up out of bed and weakly pushed me to the door. I grabbed her hands and twisted them to get her to stop.
"Ow, let me go just go home! I'm moving out of state anyways so you won't have to worry about us." She said rubbing her arm to ease the pain.
I sat in the chair next to her bed and closed my eyes. She wanna move? Away from everybody. Away from me!
"You can't leave me " I screamed in her face.
"Are you fucking kidding me! You really are fucking confusing. One minute you want me the next you don't either way I already have my mind set on leaving. So nice fucking you" she said getting back into bed.
"You know what Alana, fine go! But you're not taking my kid with you "
She gave me a shocked look but then I realized she wasn't looking at me. Heart beating fast I turned around and saw Zara standing right behind me.
"Zara! Wait" I said running after her.
"No dad I knew the argument between you and mom about her wasn't just nothing! I'm telling mom!" She yelled running to the elevator.
I got to the elevator and watch as it closed. Fuck just what I wanted. I looked back at Alana's room and laughed to myself. Here I am fighting for her baby when I have another baby on the way by my wife. I walked back to her room. As I got to the door I felt my phone ringing and it was Monica. I sighed and thought about the first night me and Alana relationship started.
"Now this is about to blow up in our face because Monica is going to blow my phone up I think it's best that you do move away for a while."
"I was going to move anyways don't try to make this seem like it was your idea because your relationship is about to fail" she said.
"Whatever just be safe okay" I said putting my hand onto her stomach.
"You confuse the fuck out of me but I will."
I kissed her one last time and made my way home to deal with my wife. As soon as I got to the door she threw stuff at me.
"I DONT WANT YOU IN MY HOUSE. GO BE WITH THAT BITCH I CANT BELIEVE SHE SAT IN MY FACE AND LIED TO ME!!! "Monica screamed at me.
"Baby please I ended it today I want to fix us let me please"
"No! I'm done if you don't leave I'm calling the police" she said.
I watched her go back to the house and sighed. I got into my car and went to the only place I could think of and you guessed it Alana's apartment. I arrived there and went inside and out my things down and sat down at the table. I looked around and saw all the stuff knocked over still and a pool of blood on her favorite rug. I got up and started to clean up when a light switch cut on.
"How could you?" I heard Alonzo's voice.
"I can explain I didn't mean for any of this to happen"
"YOU FUCKED MY DAUGHTER YOUR GOD DAUGHTER!!! Have you had these feelings for her before?" Alonzo asked.
"No only about a year ago when we first had sex I swear I didn't want this to affect out friendship I ended it"
"I got one more question for you. Did you do that to her?"
"Yes" I said.
He charged at me and started punching me in my face. I punched back and tackled him to the floor. I punched him repeatedly and then stopped. I got up  grabbed my suitcase and a suitcase and some of Alana's things and left out the door and went back to the hospital. I burst in her room while she was sleeping and kissed her.
"What happen to you?"
"Your dad is what happen. You know what lets just move in together"
"Uh what?"
"Baby lets just move away from everyone and start a life me and you "
She looked at me wide eyed and then nodded her head.
"Are you sure?" She said in a shocking voice.
"110% baby I'm sure I want to"
"Okay we leave when I'm discharge and we will talk about this okay daddy"
"Okay mami" I smiled and kissed her on the lips.