Chapter 49

The first family to arrive at the Malfoy Manor was Nott, also the family living the furthest. Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy seemed to overflow with politeness and flattery techniques, it was sickening. Nott wasn't impressed so he shifted his attention on something else, for example the girl standing next to Lucius in a black dress, tapping her foot anxiously, in hope the dinner will end as boringly as it begins.

Sensing the heavy and curious gaze falling over her, Ophelia looked at her classmate and couldn't help but smirk bemusedly. She didn't have to enter his mind to know exactly what he was interested about and it seemed he actually got some courage of his own and walked to her.

"What are you doing here, Molley?"

"Spying," she joked, seeing how gullible Nott was when he was by himself. His eyes widened while Lucius tried his best to contain his elegant poker face.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you'd have infiltrated this dinner for that purpose alone."

"She's a guest, just like you." Lucius interfered.

"What will Lestrange say when he sees her?"

"He'll greet me, what else? Haven't you seen how far my relationship with Rabastan has evolved? I may even call him a friend." Ophelia continued to tease Nott, knowing what she said was not entirely false.

Having been let speechless, the young Slytherin retreated to his parents and stuck to his mother like gum. It was slightly funny seeing how much a group meant for Slytherins of high rank. Even Lucius seemed to be far more genuine when not in the presence of Rodolphus or other students.

"He won't let it pass once he returns to Hogwarts," added the blond, leaning against the wall. "As you know already, no one will interfere if you get bullied."

"It's fine. I have friends." She mumbled, turning towards the door when it opened once more.

Ophelia had seen Mr. Lestrange before for brief moments but never for more than a minute. Now, looking up close, he was the more mature and grey haired version of his eldest son. Rabastan looked more like his mother.

"Such a pleasure to see you, Molley." Rodolphus, greeted her just like she pressumed.

Nott was in the dining hall and could not witness the event but he will see more during the meal.

As if nothing was odd with her presence there, Rabastan walked up to her and almost cracked a smile.

"Have you heard? A house elf had left the Lestrange household. He was freed by my parents." The boy started, his eyes glinting.

"How interesting," of course, she was sarcastic. They both knew she heard him refer to her as nothing but a way to get closer to the Dark Lord and that memory won't be forgotten too soon.

"Father was incredibly angry." Rabastan added, looking into her eyes.

"Yeah well, your father doesn't scare me,"

"Bellatrix does. She'll arrive any minute now with the rest of the Blacks. Do you know what that means?"

"Sirius will come too?" the girl asked, knowing that was the main point.

"And what will you tell him? He hates everyone in this house and what they value. How will you make him understand that no matter what blood runs through your veins, you're his friend?"

"Friend is a big word." Ophelia muttered, thinking just how exactly she will approach the problem when it will arrive.

Ophelia waited patiently, looking at the door before turning towards the chimney. She glanced between the two for a few times until she turned to the blond.