Chapter 93

The beginning of the new school year was different. Although there was still excitement for the new lectures and seeing friends again, it was also about the safety everybody felt in Hogwarts. Parents were especially happy knowing that their children are well attended under the eyes of Albus Dumbledore.

Ophelia arrived at the platform with Black and Potter and that thanks to Dylis who easily apparated at King's Cross. It was better to not involve James' parents who at the moment had two more teenagers to worry about.

"Dylis, stay with the Potters for the time being, alright? It's better not to go to Spinnard's Cottage considering more Death Eaters will probably watch it." Ophelia said before getting on the train. Dylis nodded and to his surprise, Ophelia hugged him tightly. "Be safe."

Sirius and James watched with worry as the house elf could barely get out of her grasp.

"He's not a child, you know. He's probably a lot stronger than us." Sirius commented once Dylis left. "We should worry about ourselves right now. It's gonna be a long year."

James couldn't even joke about it because he was certain that friendships at Hogwarts will end like crazy. His eyes landed on Ophelia and he couldn't help feel like she was particularly in a bad situation. Especially after the party...

There were a lot of questions about how Slytherins could appear uninvited and break a party that many were looking forward to. But that was because against all odds, students wanted to keep the appearance of normality so they kept the same date and hour.

Sirius was outside, talking to a girl when he felt this dread flood him. He wasn't sure exactly why because the streets were silent. But then he saw him. It was the same house elf that petrified Katie at Christmas.

"What are you-"

"Misses has to leave. Slytherins are coming, sir. Young Rosier is especially eager to catch misses. And master told Dobby to have young mister Sirius leave with her." Dobby said feeling incredibly scared. His doey eyes grew wide as he suddenly turned to look to their right. "Quickly, sir. They are almost here." He added and disapparated with a pop.

The girl was standing there, confused by everything she witnessed. But Sirius abandoned every other plan and went straight for his friend.

Rabastan was there because of Bellatrix more than anything. She insisted on coming with them because she wanted to see the horror in Babbity's eyes. To her misfortune, Ophelia was not there. Rabastan would have lied if he said he wasn't relieved. But then he noticed green eyes watching from one window and Sirius' unmistakable dark locks. He did move in order to cover for them but it wasn't him that drew Evan's attention.

"I think you have already spent too long in here, Evan. You should leave." Potter said his eyes narrowed in a fierce glare.

"My, my, you grew some courage Potter. Want me to break it for you? Right here under the eyes of your friends." Evan said already drawing his wand from inside his jacket.

"You're a fool to believe that we'd all stand aside and watch." Frank said, still remembering the numerous times he was bullied by Rosier.

Bellatrix seemed to be especially entertained because she crawled to Frank like a serpent and grabbed him by his neck quite forcefully.

"Aren't you brave, Longbottom. But how are your parents? Your mother and grandmother are living all by themselves, hm? I can only imagine what could happen one night."

Frank gritted his teeth and was ready to curse her but somebody else kept him from using magic. It was Alice and she looked terrified but also didn't want to give Bellatrix the satisfaction of getting expelled for nothing.