Chapter 59

"Potter! I was expecting you at dinner!" Cerberus was very loud when in the presence of his friends. "Come in, come in! You too James!" He ushered them inside with a large smile.

"Wait- is Knowingall part of our family?!" James asked, not yet grasping where he was.

"No. He is a friend of mine." Mr. Potter explained while dragging their luggage behind. "This house is alive, James. So don't burn it down." He added, glancing knowingly at his son.

Once Ophelia saw the car, she ran inside and hid in her room. The paintings upstairs were sleeping and when she passed by she made a lot of noise.

Cerberus laughed and noticed the owner of the house was missing. He walked to the stairs and screamed as loud as he could.

"Our guests are here! Come down and greet them!"

Ophelia hissed in her little tent on the bed. Sometimes she'd wonder if being always in danger wasn't better for the owl man than having such a free life.

"Maybe I should go to dad," she said but she quickly shook her head. "Better not. I want to have fun."

Seeing how Ophelia was not going to show her face, Cerberus turned to young Potter with an evil glint in his eyes.

"Would you mind waking her up? She's been very lazy these days." Cerberus lied easily. Mr. Potter shook his head disapprovingly but let his son choose for himself.

James took the chance and ran up the stairs, his loud steps sending a chill down Ophelia's back. He was approaching rapidly and for some reason it was worse than a snake attacking her.

But for the young Potter, the house was simply odd. It reminded him a lot of Hogwarts and how it seemed sometimes like the castle was messing with the students. But this house was so elegant and wary, it was nothing like the place he imagined he will go.

And there were the portraits upstairs, all very alike which meant they were all part of the same family. None looked liked Cerberus, they looked more like Sirius' family to be sincere- except the eyes, they were all blue eyed people with black hair.

"Hey,"

Since their meetings was unavoidable, Ophelia decided to confront her worry and just go with the flow. Better to surprise him than the other way around.

"Oh, hello badge." Potter shrugged her off and kept his eyes on the most strict woman he has ever seen.

"You do realize you are in my home," she added coming to stand next to him.

It took another few minutes for James to fully comprehend what she said. In that moment of enlightenment, the boy turned to her with eyes so wide that they looked bigger than his glasses.

"Your house?! Then are these your relatives?" He asked in awe.

The first answer came from the portrait- an offended scoff- whose eyes narrowed at Ophelia. It was only a scoff but it hit the young witch in her pride.

"Her name is Melissa Spinnard. We're not relatives." She answered throwing a quick look at the strict woman yet partially understanding her point of view.

"Spinnard...as in former professor Luce Spinnard?"

"Right. She was Luce's grandmother."

"But I thought you said that this is your house," James added, growing confused with how much new information was thrown at him.

"It is. Spinnard left it to me as inheritance."

Now, Ophelia knew what she did and with how perceptive was Potter, it was natural for him to piece the two together and come up with a conclusion.