Chapter 78

As soon as they walked into the Great Hall that same morning, the whole atmosphere was very unlike Hogwarts. Friends were still standing together but it wasn't as light and genuine as before. The only happy people were Slytherins, whose lives did not change much.

"This is most definitely not good for our mental health. One, only one tiny woman entered the castle and messed everything up without saying a word." Potter started to complain, plopping on his seat with a loud sound. "Just imagine when she will start talking and sprout all the nonsense from the ministry."

"We shouldn't judge her yet. We did that before and we both know it wasn't what we believed." Ophelia replied although she was sure professor Selwyn did glare at her yesterday.

"We weren't wrong, he just proved himself to be nicer," Potter mumbled before he grabbed a toast. He stuffed his mouth until all his words were muffled by food.

Thankfully professor McGonagall interrupted and gave them all their timetables. Not much changed from last year except one class.

"Where's Legilimency?" Ophelia asked before McGonagall could get the chance to leave.

"I'm afraid the headmaster couldn't find a substitute for that particular class and professor Selwyn is against teaching you the art of invading one's mind." She would have rolled her eyes if she wasn't the head of the house. "You'll take Muggle Studies, like the rest of your friends." She said, deciding by herself where to place her student.

Ophelia was left in her spot, eyes still wide and not believing what she just heard.

"Badge? Are you alright?"

The whole year was there, staring at Ophelia as she only blinked as a sign she wasn't petrified. One sound came out of her mouth, one that sounded like a mix between a scoff and a hiss.

Ophelia was in a sulking mood for the rest of the day. It was only the beginning of their fifth year and students were already complaining about exams and full timetables. Potter knew how much Ophelia liked legilimency but at least she had her own personal professor at home.

"At least we'll be in Muggle Studies together," he tried to cheer her up but she didn't react. "Don't be such a sour grape, Molley. We have other things to bother with this year."

"Like OWLs?" She asked rolling her eyes.

"Oh, even more troublesome than exams." He stopped and looked around before he wrapped an arm around her neck, pulling her closer to him. "We'll successfully become animagi this year." He whispered making her eyes go wide.

"What?" She asked, stopping on the moving stairs. "What if I don't want to? Isn't that illegal?"

"Law is a very...bendy little thing." He said, shrugging that issue completely.

"It's not limited to Hogwarts but to the outside world too. Being an animagus is not easy. I can guess why you want to and I can already list the other two fools that will most likely agree with this plan of yours but law is law. And there's also professor Selwyn who is here to keep an eye on us." She said, huffing and puffing like a dragon.

"I know. It's quite the challenge, isn't it?" He said with an excited gleam in his eyes.

Ophelia wondered why she even tried reasoning to Potter when he already made up his mind. It was useless. He was stubborn and way too loyal of a friend, making her automatically think about Peverell and his stupid letters.

"Oh and, if you want to study legilimency so badly, why not do it secretly? Goldstein would love hanging out with you outside classes," Potter added getting a swift kick in the arse from her. He only laughed it off but it actually hurt.