Chapter 120

For the next week or so, nothing truly happened. Rosier did not appear uninvited, Snape kept leaving for hours but would still return in time for dinner, which was quite nice, and Dobby didn't really help Ophelia learn how to cook. However, she did start to be more involved in housework, especially since she was still thinking of ways to get the Order over without Death Eaters finding out. That was a challenge since they couldn't use magic and she had no idea what her address was.

She started to spend quite a bit of time on the front porch, looking ahead at the view, and thinking about her future. She was going to enter her last year at Hogwarts, her last year of freedom before her father would actually take action. Spinnard was good enough to convince Tom to allow her to have a more or less normal student life, but what about afterward? It was worrying.

While she was contemplating life, she noticed something appearing out of nowhere near the gate to the cottage. She furrowed her eyebrows and realized it was a person approaching the gate and stopped. She chuckled and walked over, her eyes narrowing at the man who stood just outside her house.

"I thought you forgot about me. It's been over one week since you promised to rush my apparition skills," she sneered at the man.

"I was busy. But I'm here now, and I don't plan on disappointing you," Rosier said, his words polite although from his eyes alone Ophelia could see he wanted to drag her through mud.

"Well...why don't you enter then?" Ophelia asked knowing the land would not accept him.

From the way he glared at her, he knew that too.

"For your first lesson, you'll have to come with me." He replied.

"Why would I ever do that? I know how Death Eaters teach. I've had enough torture, thank you very much."

Rosier seemed to lose his calm quickly and sighed instead of cursing her.

"We both know that if you don't follow my advice, your father will be very angry."

"Yeah. With you."

"Are you sure? What about if he asks you to go to him? How will you do it? Moreover, you don't even know how to get here or go to the station. If you ask me, you cannot move freely anywhere."

Rosier was right and it pissed Ophelia off. It was a constant problem going from one place to another, and apparating didn't need an address nor did it take hours. She bit her lip and decided whatever he had planned, she could fight him if she needed to.

Ophelia opened the gate and followed Rosier for just a few feet.

"How's your sister?"

"You know better than me. You spend more time with her than I do "

"Of course. That's the first thing I do when I go to breakfast and the last thing I do before going to sleep: check on Katie." She said rolling her eyes at the stupidity of such an idea. "Don't you live in the same house?"

"I am busy."

"Right. Being a Death Eater is hard work. Always have to be on the Dark Lord's top list, even if that means volunteering to teach little old me apparition."

Rosier didn't respond but she could see how hard he was trying not to hurt her or say something bad. Instead, he grabbed her harshly by her arm, and in a matter of seconds, Ophelia found herself in an alley.

"Where are we?" She asked looking around with worry.

"London."

Her eyes widened so much that they looked like Peverell's as a kitten.