Chapter 88

"How the heck do we create an army when my hand is so sore?" James asked feeling like a potato. "It's even worse than History of Magic, where I actually sleep. My eyes hurt from always looking at that book, then my parchment, then again the book and so on! I swear, she's doing it especially to torture us." He continued glancing with a nasty look at the staff table. Selwyn was there, eating all by herself. She looked up as if she knew she was mentioned but James couldn't care less at this point. "I hate her more than I hate Rosier."

"Speaking of, Rosier has been going all nuts lately. Poor muggle-borns can't even take a step in the halls because of him and his minions and I heard he actually tortured a third year Slytherin, one of his own." Peter said before their whole group took peeks at the perpetrator.

"Even more reason to be creating our little band of bandits."

"What should we name it?"

"The Gryffindor Brotherhood," Said Peter with excitement. It was quite clear that the four of them were far more involved than Ophelia herself.

"It won't be only boys and there won't be only Gryffindors." Ophelia mumbled. "We're going to have to invite people, which will have to be done in a subtle way." She added glaring particularly at Potter. "Since you seem so happy and can't wait to begin, why don't you make the plan?"

"But Dumbledore asked you to be in charge." Potter said although he very much loved being the boss in anything mischievous.

"We all live during this dark time when friendship and loyalty are placed under doubt. As part of this -whatever will be, you can also take responsibility. Feel free to come up with ideas for sneaking around because that's what we will be doing starting next week." Ophelia closed her somewhat encouraging and somewhat preparing speech before she ate one last strawberry cupcake and left.

"I wish I knew what is going on in her mind." Potter said looking at Ophelia retreating figure.

"Maybe if you try hard enough, you may be able to. She'll be the one to teach us occlumency, remember?" Remus said. "I'm more worried about the sneaking part. When it's just three or four people is manageable but with loads of students, it will be hard. Besides, professor Selwyn will definitely notice the lack of complaining during her classes."

The group of boys turned and looked at the professor but she was already gone.

Considering how times have changed even in Hogwarts, when Ophelia mentioned the change in values, she was not wrong. It was obvious just by walking down the halls that friendships turned into alliances and loyalty became feeble. It wasn't just about being a students in a house, it was about the survival of their families.

"I-I'm sorry! Pl-p-please don't curse me!" Yelled a third year Hufflepuff as he was hanging upside down with a group of Slytherins around- no, she noticed that not all of them wore green.

"D'you hear that? This little weasel says he is sowy! Oh my, momma's boy's being scared!" It was the poignant voice of that prick Avery. "But you know what, Willoughby? That is exactly the same way your mother pleaded when I had her against the wall." He said with a look of disgust. "Filthy muggle. She screamed for your father but you know what? He didn't come to help. Some brains in that big and bold head of his."

Willoughby was crying by now and his snot was dropping on Avery. He scrunched his nose and threw him aside, at Ophelia feet. The two locked eyes and Avery chuckled darkly.

"Are you alright?" She bent and tried to help Willoughby up but the boy slapped her hand away.

"I don't need help, especially from you." He spat with so much hatred and limped off. She watched him until he was too far to see and then turned to the torturers. They weren't there anymore but Ophelia couldn't help still see that scene in her mind.