Chapter 68

After such a dark hypothesis stuck in her mind, Ophelia intended to go into her room and think it over but while going up the stairs, someone grabbed her hand. She looked down and saw Dylis. His eyes were watery but he wasn't crying just yet.

"Miss Ophelia has to help Dylis. Mister Cerberus has been caught." He whimpered as if every word was a blow to his heart.

"What? By who?"

"Dylis' former master. He is kept prisoner in a cell just like Dylis was...the Dark Lord is there too." Dylis whispered, terrified of the last part.

Ophelia narrowed her eyes and rushed back to Malfoy. Lucius rose and opened his mouth but she shut him up immediately.

"This was all just a distraction. You wanted me to get more worried about Cissney so that I won't be able to find out the truth! Tom is torturing Cerberus for information about Peverell!" She shouted angrily.

Lucius was so shocked that he couldn't even mutter a response but after thinking it through, he finally knew what to say.

"What are you talking about?"

But Ophelia was so angry and worried that she couldn't control her temper. Green lightning engulfed her hand and without a word she stunned Lucius. He groaned and got up sourly only to be suddenly lifted into the air.

"You and I will go on a trip to Lestrange and save my guardian."

That was definitely an order.

When Ophelia and Lucius arrived at the mansion, they found it silent. The brothers were not around and house elves were staring at her like she was the Devil himself.

"They are scared you will free them too." Lucius explained but Ophelia gave him a sarcastic glance.

"That cannot be it, Dylis is a lot happier as a free elf."

"I'm sure," he replied sarcastically.

Ophelia glared at him but did not pester on the subject since there was a bigger reason for them to trespass.

"Do not need to be so quiet. I'm sure they are all in the cell, taking turns." Lucius said jokingly but Ophelia shuddered at the thought.

The way down into the basement was free and house elves did not dare stay in their way. Once she opened the door, however, she froze. Even Lucius got a chill down his spine at the way Lestrange and his oldest son were laughing while another man screamed in utter pain.

"Wait. You can't just barge in there waving around your hands."

"I'm going to stun them. I know how to duel and I'm fast enough to protect myself...and you." She was still not sure she wanted to help him out of the mess after taking part in Tom's scheme.

The screams intensified as she heard Tom's voice asking the poor victim about a subject that Ophelia was tired of.

As they sneaked closer to the door towards the darkest and deepest cell in the basement (the same Rodolphus trained Ophelia in) and Lucius stopped.

"What are you doing?" She asked before she glanced at his hands. "You are terrified of Tom."

"I'm not the only one. He may be father or Tom for you but for the rest of us he is the Dark Lord." Lucius whispered trying not to hyperventilate though it was so hard just standing in front of that door.

"You realize that now?"

She sounded so confident and so powerful that Lucius wondered if she was registering just how deadly was the situation. They could die in the next few minutes but she didn't seem bothered by that idea.