Chapter 80

"Won't you look at that interesting sight," commented Black from the side as he watched Gryffindors precious badge eat lunch with none other than Zabini.

"Did we miss something? And why is Cissney so calm about it?" Asked Pettigrew although he didn't seem like he was as offended as Black.

But probably the one that felt the most confused was James Potter. He pouted the whole time they ate and gave a huge sigh when he witnessed Ophelia laugh at something Zabini said. It was rather loud which made him drop his head on the table.

"You are taking this a bit too seriously. Ophelia can have other friends than us." Remus came up with a calm and logical explanation.

"Nooo, she shouldn't. She is our badge, not theirs." He said and threw the Slytherins a nasty look. "What if I suddenly go and tell jokes to Snape? Wouldn't that make you mad?"

"No."

"That will never happen."

"Very unlikely."

These were the answers that should have made Potter quite proud of his friends' loyalty and knowledge of their four-eyed classmate. But James scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Potter is ready to cut me in pieces." Zabini said as he glanced for a moment at the Gryffindors. Then he looked at Ophelia's face and could see how that was possibly her intention. "Why did you ask me to eat with you? To piss him off or to draw Evan's attention?"

"Both." She answered truthfully. "Rosier is a pain in the ass but I'd prefer it to be mine and mine alone. My friends don't have to suffer."

"Did he really ask you to go with him to the Juicy Halloween?" Zabini asked still stunned by the way Rosier was trying to corner Ophelia. If violence was not good enough, he was levelling up his game with psychological schemes.

"He did and I refused him. I'm not an idiot, I wouldn't go to a party where I'd have to accompany the person that wants to dissect me."

"What did you tell him?"

Ophelia looked to the side and thought if she should say it or not.

"That I already have a date." She mumbled. Seeing Zabini's reaction she couldn't help but start stuttering. "A-at that p-point in time it felt relevant!"

"And who are you planning to drag into your trouble?"

She pointed at him with no shame. Zabini laughed, drawing another glare from Potter.

"I already have a date. Better luck next time." He said and grabbed his books before he winked at her and left.

Ophelia really wished Rabastan was at Hogwarts.

The Lestrange Household was cold on a daily basis but ever since the Dark Lord has started to visit them it felt as if Rabastan wasn't living there but was merely a guest. The happiest of them all was Rodolphus, especially because Voldemort was incredibly picky and yet the older Lestrange brother was always chosen to accompany him. Rabastan wasn't jealous, not anymore, but not the same could be said about their father, Aeron Lestrange. As of last week, he has been on hiatus, spending most of his days in his study with either Mr. Malfoy or Mr. Littlewood, planning over a drink how they could draw even more pure bloods and even half bloods to their side.

"Ah, Rabastan, I wish I could be as lazy as you but there is so much to do," started his brother as he sat on the armchair. Rabastan was always there, looking at the sizzling fire in the chimney and thinking about his status in society.

"Good for you, brother," was his short answer.

"What about you?"

"I'm coping..." he answered rolling his eyes.