Chapter 92

The next day came very slowly for two out of three teenagers. Ophelia couldn't sleep afraid that Severus passed his Death Eater test now that she wasn't there. She wanted to use legilimency on her friend but she suddenly got this dreadful idea that it would lead Tom to her. Snape's occlumency skills were still not strong enough. On the other hand, Sirius was pacing in the living room with a lot of scenarios in his head about how his younger brother signed up for a deadly mission. Regulus adored Voldemort and not because their family brainwashed him into it but because he found the Dark Lord's ideals to be very logical. If only Regulus could see Ophelia and how lonely she was, he'd know exactly what type of life Voldemort creates.

It was no surprise that next morning only James woke up for breakfast. His father was already out and his mother was probably cooking pancakes.

"Morning, mum." He said as he walked in and sat at the table. He was only half awake and realised quite late that his mother was not there. "What the-"

The creature that was cooking for him was the same one that brought Ophelia to his house. The house elf looked healthy and fine, he wasn't exactly hurt in any way. But something about him seemed very sad.

"Excuse me, um...what's your name again?"

"Dylis, sir." The house elf spoke. "You are James Potter, sir. It is an honor for Dylis to be cooking for miss Ophelia's friend."

"Where's my mum?" James just let the questions come.

"In the garden, sir. Dylis assured her that I could do it but she insisted on Dylis staying inside." He answered as he put a few fluffy pancakes in front of James.

"Well, there are muggles around so..." James added, "So what brings you here Dylis?" He asked before stuffing his face.

"Lucius Malfoy has taken over Spinnard's Cottage, sir. Mr. Knowingall had to leave so Dylis did too."

"You here to check on Ophelia?" James asked pouring himself a glass of milk.

Dylis tensed before he threw a meek glance at James.

"Dylis has very bad news for Misses. Severus Snape became a Death Eater."

Ophelia entered right when Dylis gave this information. Her eyes widened and she looked like she was about to cry. Dylis sighed and looked down at his feet.

"Dylis tried to convince Mr. Severus not to do it but it didn't work. Here," Dylis walked to Ophelia and handed her a letter that he had hidden in his front pocket.

When Sirius came down the stairs, Ophelia was ascending them to go and read the letter in the bathroom. He too was surprised when he saw the house elf cleaning the dishes.

"Have we...got a house elf now? He definitely seems nicer than Kreacher."

At the mention of the Black's house elf, Dylis made a sound like a scoff. Sirius chuckled and winked at Dylis.

"I like you a lot more."

Ophelia's hands were shaking as she unfolded the letter. It was written by Severus in a haste from how messy it looked.

Dear Ophelia,

You should be careful. The news of your disappearance have spread incredibly fast among the Slytherins and unfortunately some other houses. When we will return to school, it will probably be different. Your father has ordered all his followers to give you a lesson for running away and Bellatrix Lestrange is keen on doing that. Malfoy volunteered to handle your house in order to keep it safe so do not worry about it. Your house elf has also been taken care of by Rabastan Lestrange. If you are curious, Rabastan has decided to refuse the marriage with Katie Rosier which got both families very mad. You'd be surprised to see how happy Nott was, he has still not given up on his foolish crush yet. I am alright and I doubt you are in any danger. I am writing this lengthy letter because we will not be able to speak at school anymore.