Chapter 71

The morning of February 14th was one that foresaw the events of the day: it was sunny and a lot warmer than the last few weeks, as if nature wanted to give a break from coldness for these young and restless kids in love. It was such a good day that even Willy, an owl that would hardly fly in with the mail, sneaked inside her room with a letter tightly bound to his leg. He didn't wake up his owner but stared at her with big brown eyes as if he knew something she didn't. It was such a good atmosphere in the castle that even the black cat that has been roaming around wore a mischievous glint in his green eyes as he strutted to the Entrance Hall with newfound enthusiasm.

And yet when Ophelia woke up, she stretched and groaned on her pillow. She checked to see if her roommates were still sleeping and found the beds empty. She sighed heavily and slowly, oh so slowly, she walked inside the bathroom for a shower. She spent a lot of time getting ready afterward and encouraged herself mentally before walking into the common room. Thankfully, very few students were there and most of them were talking about one thing or another, nothing romantic thank Merlin.

"Morning Molley!" Ophelia jolted at the sound of Black's booming voice. She swallowed nervously as he threw her a large grin, one that sent her the right message. "Ready for today?"

"What's today?" she asked as if she didn't know already.

"Valentine's Day, of course. I prepared a schedule-" as he said that he took a piece of paper from his pocket, one that looked like it's been there for years not days. He unfolded it slowly while looking at how she seemed to twitch with every move. In the end, he laughed and threw it away. "I'm just messing with you, Molley. You don't have to be so uptight, it's just an hour or two with yours truly."

"I only want to find out who my secret admirer is and be done with it." she grumbled, feeling like Sirius was going to mess her day up.

"And what will you do after you find out his identity? Freeze his heart?" Sirius asked jokingly but she looked like she was genuinely pondering on that possibility.

"Maybe...I'll decide when I see him. If he is real, that is."

Sirius watched her stand there thoughtfully and glanced at the door out. "Aren't you going to breakfast?"

"Aren't you?" She retorted sharply.

"I was waiting for you."

That took her by surprise because she made an expression that Sirius had never seen before. He chuckled to himself and wrapped one hand around her shoulders, dragging her with him.

"You don't have to be so touchy, you know." She whispered feeling uncomfortable as they walked.

"I actually do. I want to see everybody's reactions. Oh look, Remus kept us some seats."

He literally dragged her to the table, laughing all the way there and making it impossible not to stare at them. She did not like that at all. Her eyes wandered to the staff table and saw Dumbledore chuckling to himself bemusedly while Idris was shaking his head. It would have been interesting to see Cerberus' reaction after she told him about Rosier. He would probably approve wholeheartedly of Sirius no matter what family he's from.

Remus was the first to notice the loose hand around her and he was confused. Worse was that Sirius did not let her go completely even when they sat down.

"Did you lose a bet by any chance?" Remus leaned in and asked.

"What's that supposed to mean?! Can't I show my love to my dear housemate?" Sirius interfered acting like he was offended.

Remus watched them sceptically but Frank chose to come at the right moment and notice the exactly same thing.

"Did I miss something?" he asked glancing between the culprits and the rest of his housemates. "Did something happen overnight? Or am I just that dense?"