Chapter 81

"James...we're having a bit of a problem." Started Sirius, feeling like he should punch himself for being an idiot. At the same time he felt bad for his poor victim who was most definitely going to kill him tomorrow.

"I see that," Potter mumbled, looking at Ophelia as if she suddenly grew another head. "Badge...are you alright?"

Ophelia couldn't focus on his question or on the way his voice sounded so worried. No, the only thing she could think about was the boy next to her who suddenly seemed to glow. Pink hearts appeared all around him and her heart beat faster than ever before. Her palms were sweaty already and the faint blush in her cheeks was a constant.

"Oh, Sirius, you've really done it..."

James knew Ophelia, he really considered himself to be the most knowledgeable in Ophelia-facts and the guarded girl that he had seen was not the type to blush out of nowhere at someone she almost hissed at just a few moments ago.

At the same moment, the portrait door opened and a very giddy blond smiled at the sight of the three Gryffindors.

"Shit, this is going to cost me..." Sirius mumbled seeing how happy Goldstein looked. He was dressed for a party alright and visibly tried to do something to his usually messy hair. "Tim! Tim, Tim, my friend, Tim," Sirius started as he went out.

James was a few feet back, with Ophelia. He frowned seeing how something was definitely happening in her mind. Her focus would blur and she'd look at the ground in confusion for several minutes. But once she looked up, he knew her eyes went straight for Sirius.

"What are you feeling?" He asked, already kind of expecting her answer. "How does Sirius look?"

She blushed instead of forming words, at which point Potter knew he had to keep an eye on her tonight.

"I'm fine. You don't need to help me like I am handicapped," She added seeing how worried he was.

"At the moment, you are. Mentally." He whispered away from her.

"Hello, Ophelia! Ready for the party?" Goldstein asked, his eyes enlightening at the sight of her face.

"Sure. As long as you're not going to give me alcohol." She said reminding Goldstein how he actually kept the fire whiskies coming at Hog's Head.

Sirius raised an eyebrow, not expecting her to be so blunt. Timothy stared at Ophelia for a bit before he glanced at Sirius.

"Something is off about her."

"She drunk a bit of Amortentia. What a coincidence, right?"

Tim wasn't amused at all.

"Did you give her Amortentia? I know I asked you to coerce her into going to the party with me but I never meant using a love potion. What the heck, Black? "

The Ravenclaw was not really angry with the situation but he wasn't happy with it either. Ophelia that he had a crush on would have already smiled at him and left. This Ophelia was...for starters, her eyes were set on Sirius.

"Everything will be fine. How different can she be, anyway?" Sirius asked having no idea how the night will progress.

As soon as Ophelia entered the Great Hall, the faint blush on her cheeks vanished. Fortunately, her personality was pretty much the same except the subtle and not so subtle innuendos towards Sirius. Thinking that it may end up being better than he expected, he actually let her by herself. But somehow, Ophelia would always find her way next to him which grew some worries from the people around them.