Chapter 94

When Lupin left his friends, he didn't go just anywhere. For some reason, he wanted to speak to someone that strongly believed in Ophelia and possibly could answer some of his questions. It wasn't easy searching for Snape because Slytherins occupied a whole wagon just for themselves. When he reached it, very few people were passing by because this wagon did not have closed compartments. Once you walked in, every fourth year Slytherin and above had his eyes on you.

"Oh, Lupin!"

Remus jolted, surprised by the strength of the boy that touched his shoulder. He wasn't sure if he should be worried or not but the person behind him was Goldstein.

"What are you doing here?" Remus asked sighing in relief.

"I just saw you in the corridor and wanted to talk to you about, you know, our club." The blond said glancing at the wagon full of Slytherins. "What are you doing?"

"I was looking for Snape. But it's alright, I can talk to him later."

"Snape? I saw him lurking around a compartment just a few wagons down. I heard Longbottom's loud voice from inside so..." He didn't finish because Remus was already on the move. "But I had a question!" He shouted after Remus.

It wasn't long until he reached the said compartment, thanks to the very loud giggling coming from Alice who seemed to be very cosy with Frank Longbottom. The problem was that Snape was not there.

"Remus! You won't believe what joke I heard this morning!" Frank began but the brown-haired boy just shrugged it off.

"Another time, Frank. I'm actually searching for Snape. Tim said he was here."

Lily nodded slowly and got out for a bit, pointing towards the way she saw her friend go.

"Is there something wrong?" She asked since she knew Severus and Remus weren't exactly friends. "Is it about Potter and Black again?"

"No. I just have something to ask him about the summer homework on potions."

Lupin's answer didn't seem to fully convince Lily but it did sound like it could be real. She watched as her colleague rushed to find the one person that wanted to be found at the moment.

Truthfully, Snape was just walking around. He did want to see Lily just to feel at ease but then once he left her sight, he started to think about unnecessary things again: such as, for example, Ophelia or even worse, her father.

The Slytherin party this year was especially festive because the Lord himself attended it. Severus was surprised by the building itself which was actually the Rosier mansion. It screamed murder and chaos but it didn't seem to phase anyone.

"So you came again, hm?" Asked Nott who seemed to be in a grumpy mood. "All by yourself?"

"Ophelia won't come if she has a choice. She doesn't want to be a Death Eater or have any connection to this." Severus spoke fully aware that Nott was the jealous type. The idea that so many people knew so much about her while he knew so little was always a trigger for Nott.

"I heard something different, though." Was the voice of Mulciber who, for the first time, did come to the party. "I heard that she was tortured by Bellatrix and ran away. She's probably hiding."

"Where did you hear that?" Asked Severus feeling like there was more to it.

"Bellatrix herself. She's been parading around, telling everyone who wants to know. Also, you know that rumor that went around Hogwarts about Molley being the alleged daughter of Lord Voldemort? They say it's true." Mulciber said and took a sip from his drink.