| S E V E N T Y - O N E |

"No mommy, I don't wanna to go." Daxton cried. Mae came to the school on Friday afternoon after classes to gather her son.

"No Dax sweetie, I'm your mommy." Mae corrected his son and tried to pull him away from my leg.

"No!" Dax yelled and held onto he harder. "I'm not leaving mommy!"

"Don't yell at your mum Daxton." Fred scolded the little boy and crouched down to his level. "We told you from the beginning that you won't be staying with us forever. She is not your mommy."

"Yes she is, and you're my dada." Dax said began to start crying.

"I'm not your dads buddy." Fred sighed and the little boy cried even harder. Fred looked up at me and frowned, my lips were shaking and I was holding everything back from crying.

A day under a week ago, I was told that I would be watching a two year old for a few days. And when I was told that, I was mad and worried that I wouldn't be able to take care of a toddler.

But now I do t want him to go, but he has to and I can't cry, because that will make Dax cry harder.

"Mae- what do we do?" I asked but Mae was too busy looking at her ringing phone.

"Hm, oh talk to him- I have to take this. Be back in a few to get my kid." Mae said and walked out of my room.

What the hell is her deal! Her kid is screaming and crying and she just walked out of the room!

Dax stopped crying and smiled as he saw his mother left the room. Fred picked up Daxton and put him on the bed then crouched down in front of him again.

"Daxton, you have to go. You are going to go back with your mother and be with her till- I don't know, but you aren't coming back to stay with us." Fred straight up told the kid and Dax began to cry again.

Which made me cry.

I quickly wiped away my tears before anyone could see them and walked over to the two boys.

"I am sure you will see us again, and when you do we can hang out again." I told the kid and he stopped crying a little. "I don't want you to go because I love you and I love being with you, it this is just how it goes."

"I don't want to." Dax cried louder. Wow, is this kid bipolar?

"Daxton you have to go and that is it." Fred snapped, Dax paused crying for a minute and sniffed, then went back to crying.

"Fred." I hissed.

"What do you want to do? He won't stop." Fred said and threw his hands up in the air.

Mae walked back into the room with a smile on her face and walked over to Dax. She grabbed onto him and picked him up. He began to scream and she quickly put him back down.

"Um..." Mae said and put Daxton back down, who ran over to Fred and Fred picked him up. "What do I do? I can't take a crying kid with me."

Is she joking? She has to be joking. I'm done with her shit.

"Can we talk for a minute." I smiled and pulled the woman into the bathroom before she could say anything.

"Okay but make it quick hunny." Mae sighed and pulled out her phone.

I grabbed her phone from her hand and she snapped her head up at me. "I need your attention." I smiled bitterly.

"Fine." Mae huffed.

"What type of mother are you?" I straight up asked her.

"Excuse me?" Mae scoffed, "I don't see you having a child."