Part 12

Sithara stood next to Revant holding the bunch of paper flowers as her elder brother decorated the bride's room.

" Innuma da mudiyele?" Anirudh asked as he walked into the room looking put out.

Sithara giggled and placed the flowers on top of the bed before hugging her father.

" Pa...Akka wanted the purple flowers athan late because Aashman Anna vangitu varathuku late achu," she said.

Anirudh exhaled his breath and pat her head. " Seri Revant ithe mudinju apidiye nee kile poi anthe decoration team kitte pesu, baby unne amma kupdura," Anirudh said smiling at Sithara.

" Appa ithe yaaru help panrathu?" Revant grumbled.

" Vajra!" Anirudh hollered at the boy rushed inside. The father told his boys to finish everything quickly before turning towards the door and walking away with Sithara.

Anirudh brought Sithara inside the room and closed the door. Mihira and Anitha alongside their mother and grandmother were sitting inside the room together with Vaishnavi. 

"Yen yellarum inge irukinge ?" Sithara asked blinking confusedly. 

Lakshmi chuckled while Saritha smiled patting the bed. Vaishnavi then placed the jewellery on the centre of the bed and asked the girls to choose which one they want. Anirudh chuckled when Anitha demanded the choker he got for his wife on their 10th anniversary. 

"Anitha, athu unake rombhe perusa irrukum di, patti choose panni kudukuren...Thara..Mihi ninge parunge ungaluku yenna venumnu," Lakshmi said as she picked out a long chain and a small necklace alongside a pair of dangling earrings for the pouting Anitha. 

"Its not fair...why akka's get to choose...Appa...naanum..." Anitha whined and looked at Anirudh pouting hard.

Lakshmi and Saritha turned their head to Anirudh, identically raising their eyebrows making the man exhale his breath. "Listen to them, " he said and kissed Saritha's forehead before walking out of the room. 

Mihira gave a small smile as she stared at her mother. She crawled towards Saritha and placed her head on her mother's shoulders. Saritha knitted her eyebrows together and pat Mihira's head while Lakshmi placed a comforting arm on Mihira's shoulders. 

"Yennada kanna, yenna achu ?" Lakshmi asked in a soft tone while Saritha grasped Mihira's hands. 

Mihira sniffled and shook her head. " Yeneke bayama irruke..." she said in a quiet tone. 

"Yendi tidirnu bayam nu solre ?" Vaishnavi asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"Ille...yenekum Yantra mamakum...ippidi amma appa mathiri after all this years um love irrukuma ille...avaru..." she trailed off sniffling slightly.

Sithara frowned and hugged Anitha closer to her as they watched their sister being coddled by  Lakshmi, Saritha and Vaishnavi. Anitha looked up at Sithara. " Yenka tidirnu Mihi ka ippidi solranga?" she asked quietly.

Sithara gave a small smile and pat the girl's head. " Athulam apidithan," she said wiping her own tears, chuckling slightly seeing Mihira.

Saritha sighed and pat Mihira's arms. She turned around and looked at Vaishnavi, giving a small smile and nudge her chin at Anitha. Vaishnavi smiled and nod her head. 

"Anitha kutti, vanga attai ungaluku wedding kaga bangales lam vangitu vanturuken nambe unga outfit ke yethu match nu paapom," she said smiling wide as she took Anitha's hands. 

"Irru naanum varen, in the accessories match aguma nu paapom," Lakshmi said taking the accessories she chooses before turning around and kissing Mihira's and Sithara's forehead giving a reassuring smile to her own daughter-in-law before walking out with her daughter and granddaughter.