Short Note~New story

Hi everyone, just promoting my new story here.

Story description
_______________________________________
S

tory Name: Of Wit and Sentience

--------
loosely adapted from Sense and Sensibility and my favourite Kandukondien Kandukondien.

Meet Sarika Ravenstone, 25 years old village belle, Obedient, witty, quiet and sweet.

Next meet Kanika 'Kelly' Ravenstone, 21 aspiring model cum actress. Her head up in the clouds, tongue sharp as a knife and claws that will scratch your eyeballs if you ever cross her or her family.

These girls are like the sun and moon, contrast yet one can never truly exist without the other.

However will the bonds of sisterhood surpasses as they encounter Four various men throughout their life ?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Snippet of Chapter 1 for you all

~~•••~~~~•••~~~~••••~~~~•••~~~~•••~~

1996
Nachiyarpuram
Trichy District

_______________________
----

Nandini clutched Philip's hand as she stood infront of the large palatial house. Her eyes full of tears as she glanced at her father.

Rajasekar Gaunder, the head man of the panchayat. The unofficial king of Nachiyarpuram. The man's eyes narrowed in anger and displeasure as he eyed his precious daugther. Behind him, his first wife Malini looked worried as she glanced at Nandini's slightly protruding. She exhaled her breath, placing her hand on her husband's shoulder.

Malini shuddered as Rajasekar snarled hearing her opinion. He got up and threw the bronze cup on the floor making both Nandhini and Malini whimper.

" Sir, I am from a distinguished -" Philip began, speaking in a calm tone. He gasped as he took a step only to be held by the angry mob of  villagers.

Nandini's eyes widened. She hurried towards her husband, trying to help him out but to no avail. She hastily turned around and rushed to her father. She sobbed as she held the man's leg only for him to glare at her before smacking her soundly.

Nandhini gasped as she fell on the floor. Malini quickly tried to rush towards her only to be stopped by Rajasekar. Nandini cried as she wiped her tears and hugged his legs, sobbing earnestly to let Philip go.

" If not for me, atleast for my child appa... please don't let my child suffer without a father like how I suffered without my mother," Malini sobbed, clenching Rajasekar's legs tightly.

Rajasekar's heart thumped loudly. He narrowed his eyes at the man who married his daugther. He exhaled his breath loudly before shouting at the villagers to unhand the British man. Philip swallowed his saliva before hurrying to Nandini. He gently squatted down and helped his wife up, holding her shoulders possesively.

" Namma parambarai, velaikaran inthe  nadu vittu toratune parambarai ipidi avanuku adimai agure parambarai ille! Née yeneke ponne ille, Malini-" Rajasekar thundered extending his hands to his wife.

Malini tried to open her mouth, only to be silenced by Rajasekar's angry glare. The resigned wife, wiped her eyes before bringing what her husband asked.

Nandini and Philip watched as Rajasekar Gaunder poured three buckets on cold water from his head to toe as he declared that his daugther had died.

Philip shook his head, gathering his fragile wife in his arms before leaving the village and never to step foot back into Nachiyarpuram.
~~•••~~~~•••~~~~••••~~~~•••~~~~•••~~
THERE'S MORE TO READ IN THE PROLOUGE 🥺🤭

HOPE EVERYONE WILL CHECK IT OUT AND SUPPORT THIS NEW VENTURE.

Harini0310 Tejadurai_02 Thank you both for this amazing cover.  I didn't expect it to be so gorgeous.