Chapter 51

Lakshmi's  knit her eyebrows together looking at Saritha when the doorbell rang.

Pallavi munched on the cucumber slices while Thara rubbed her eyes sleepily.

" Kalangkatalai yaaru man," Thara yawned making Saritha roll her eyes.

" Vindinji yevalo neram aguthu unake kalangkatale!" Saritha muttered and knocked her head asking Thara to go and open the door.

Thara grumbled under her breath and walked away. Her eyes narrowed at Anitha who was munching on her cheerios as she watched Dora the explorer.

" Yendi...bell adikithule open panna vendiya thane!" She said rolling her eyes when Anitha ignored her.

The door bell rang again making her exhale her breath loudly. She twisted her hair into a knot and loudly asked to wait as the opened the door.

Thara gasped. Her cheeks burned as dropped her chin down with a perpetual slouch and her breath hitched.

Akilandeshwari chuckled and gently nudged her chin up. The matriarch of the das household peered into the wet eyes of Sithara Ravichander. Akilandeshwari smiled widened. Her eyes glowed as she chuckled heartily, patting Thara's shoulders as she walked inside.

Thara squeaked seeing Aaryn's back on her driveway as the man shouted on the phone. A few of his bodyguards were standing out while he paces around her garden. Thara quickly swallowed her saliva and turned her face back. Akilandeshwari smiled making her face flushed in embarrassment.

" Ammaaa" she shouted while smiling sheepishly at Akilandeshwari as she adjusted her nightie.

" Um..Ukarunge Patti..." she said gesturing to the couch as she winced and quickly scurried towards the couch and took the discarded towel of Vajra.

" Anitha...poi amma va varasollu," she hissed.

Akilandeshwari grinned watching the little girl's attention never wavering from the television. Thara chewed the inside of her cheeks and gave a silly curtsey type of nod before hurrying inside the kitchen.

Aaryn sighed and placed his phone inside his pocket before walking into the house. He smirked seeing his grandmother grinning as she jerked her chin towards Anitha whose eyes were glued to the TV. He shook his head fondly and straightened his back when a nightie clad Saritha and  Lakshmi  who wore a simple saree walked into the living room.

Lakshmi gave a small confused smile while Saritha wring her hands together.

" Vanga vanga...sorry ninge varuvinga nu teriyele..." Saritha said wiping her hands on the towel she placed on her shoulders.

" Baby bed coffee yenge di," Anirudh hollered as he walked down the stairs rubbing his eyes. Saritha closed her eyes and mumbled under her breath while Lakshmi coughed, cringing in embarrassment.

Anirudh's eyes bulged seeing the splendidly dressed up Akilandeshwari and Aaryn. He lowered his lungi and scratched the back of his neck as he walked down the stairs.

" Yeppe vantinga," he asked with a confused and embarrassed smile as   Anirudh's ears turned red.

" Ippe thaan...sorry rombhe early ah vantutoma ?" Akilandeshwari asked making Lakshmi shook her head.

" Athulam ille...Ivan nethu late ah vantan athan ippe than wake up panirkan," Lakshmi said walking towards the woman and sat down before turning at Anirudh who fidgeted and sat down.

" Um yenna sapduringa...Coffee, tea ille juice ?" Saritha asked making Akilandeshwari smile and nod her head as she said anything is fine.

" Ma Saritha coffee...Vanga vanga yeppe vantinga?" Ravi Raghavendra said as he walked out from his study. His face brightened visibly as he smiled widely greeting Akilandeshwari before walking towards Aaryn and hug him.