Chapter 43

*Raman andalum, Ravana andalum, yeneke oru kavalai ille, nadantha yen manusuku Raja* the song blared from the cellphone.

Madhav yawned, his hands blindly searched for the handphone. He rubbed his sleepily as he looked at the screen of the phone.

He stood up and stretched his hands up in the air. He got out of the bed and padded to the bathroom. He took a leak and flushed the toilet before brushing his teeth, flossing it and walked out of the room in his birthday suit.

He adorned a pair of yoga pants and a singlet, with a hoodie jacket as an outwear before walking out of the room.

He smiled seeing his parents in the kitchen. Hrishikesh was making coffee while Aadhira sat on the table cutting the vegetables as they conversed in a soft tone. Madhav sighed as he walked inside the kitchen. He smiled and hugged Aadhira whose face turned rosy. Hrishikesh grinned and looked at him gesturing to the coffee pot.

Madhav chuckled and shook his head. He grabbed a green apple from the fruit bowl and took a bite.

" OK ma, Naa jogging poitu vanturen," he said placing a kiss on Aadhira's cheek and side hugged Hrishikesh before walking out of the house. He plugged his wireless earphones on his ears and began to slowly jog, smiling at the elders who were talking their morning walk and waved at the school going students.

" Morning Maddy!" A girl said nudging his ribs as she struggled to keep in pace with him. Madhav rolled his eyes good natured and gave a tiny smile before sprinting away his head dfriting into the clouds as he thought about himself.

Madhav has always been a little distant from his second cousins and family friends compared to his sisters. While Nadiya prefers to hang around with Amaira and Thara and Rukmini with mostly everyone, Madhav prefers to have his own cliques. He has his own personal set of friends whose lives are normal, everyday person without the unnecessary problems unlike his extended family. Madhav always maintained his privacy and never truly divulge that his related to the Ravichander and Superstar family sans his extremely close circle of friends aka three boys.

Madhav shook his head chuckling to himself as he began to slow down. He bend down slightly pressing his hands on his knees as he panted. He exhaled a deep breath inhaling the salty smell of the sea breeze. His eyes crinkled in the corner as he took in the scenario. The beach was slightly empty except for an elder couple taking a walk with one or two girls doing some light exercise. He smiled widely and proceed to walk towards the beach when his eyes caught a movement on the right side. He swiftly turned his face and gasped seeing a harried and disarrayed looking Thara walking into the sea.

" Thara! THARA!" Madhav shouted as he ran towards Thara whose halfway into the stormy waves, she gasped as the waves rolled fast and sturdy making her wobble and fall down. Madhav cursed out as he ran towards her direction.  The waves were crashing against the shore as the young man frantically rushed towards the girl. He slipped and ended up falling down, inhaling the salty water in his nose. Madhav coughed as he got up, his shouts getting louder as he searched for Thara. His eyes widen spotting her struggling a few feets ahead of him. Madhav quickly hurried towards her, grabbing her by snaking his hand around her stomach and pulled her ahead to the shore.

Madhav's eyes lit with fury as he looked into her swollen eyes. He raised his hands up and smacked Thara across her face thrice as the woman began kneeling down and wailed. Madhav rubbed his forehead and shook his head exasperatedly.

" What the hell were you thinking!" He hissed as she continued to sob.

" I am sinner Madhav...Its my dirty thoughts and mind...I must pay for my sins !" She said in a hysterical tone.